Yes!!!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ParamedicDiver1:
LOL...too true, I've been a Paramedic for the last 13 years, but got tired of not being paid an adequate wage. So, by just going back to school for 1 year (my college had a Paramedic-to-RN Transition Track) I have almost doubled my payrate! Finally I can afford my habit...I mean Scuba Diving. :wink:

OKAY...so now are we going to call you RNDiver1??? :)

Paul in VT

Cozoholic:
Be careful what you wish for... :wink:

Do you think being a paramedic helped you through nursing school? It scares the S* out of me ( the thought of nursing school) Ive never been an A student, always worked my butt off for C's no matter what or how hard I studied...Ive heard horror stories...On an average, how much did you study?

What kind of program did you do?

Hey Becky,
I think being a Paramedic helped and hurt me. Clinically it was very beneficial, I was never afraid of patient care or the technical part of nursing. However, on tests, being a paramedic hurt sometimes because I had real world experience and that does not always translate into correct nursing answers. I did pretty much study my butt off, and I was involved in a good study group. 2 of us were paramedics, 3 were LVNs, and 2 were traditional students. We meet at least twice a week for review of content. That is what saved me. :D

Congrats! Sounds like you worked hard and it paid off. PTL

yay scott! i remember getting my own letter - whew! what a relief! and becky, nursing is complicated info, but not hard. it all follows itself pretty logically.

BabyDuck:
and becky, nursing is complicated info, but not hard. it all follows itself pretty logically.

Thanks. Yes, it seems that way - my mother is actually a nurse, but she's almost 3000 miles away....ive grown up around it but can still remember her going to school for her rn, and as an lpn i remember how hard she worked....ive gotten all B's in my pre reqs... :)

ParamedicDiver1:
Hey Becky,
I think being a Paramedic helped and hurt me. Clinically it was very beneficial, I was never afraid of patient care or the technical part of nursing. However, on tests, being a paramedic hurt sometimes because I had real world experience and that does not always translate into correct nursing answers. I did pretty much study my butt off, and I was involved in a good study group. 2 of us were paramedics, 3 were LVNs, and 2 were traditional students. We meet at least twice a week for review of content. That is what saved me. :D

Im considering getting a job as a tech, but dont know if i want to 'jump in' just yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom