(yet another) Ft. Pickens Dive Report - 5/25/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great shots of the site guys. I have seen more odd or rare creature at Ft. Pickens than anywhere else in Pensacola. I plan on going out there this coming sunday I hope I get a
peek at some of the same with maybe a octo or two.

i love the puffer shots!!

Little to no vis, strong currents and long walks in the sand. You guys make shore diving look good. :wink:

Denise, that is the great thing about Ft. Pickens...it is a 2 minute walk from the car to the water! You park right at the wall...walk over the wall and the water is right there. Now, I can't deny the no viz. and strong currents at times, but it is worth it! Let's put a SB dive together so you can come down and dive it.

Little to no vis, strong currents and long walks in the sand. You guys make shore diving look good. :wink:

A French Angelfish inshore in the northern Gulf is quite a find; I've never heard or seen any reputable reports of their occurrence. You can find them far offshore at places like the Flower Gardens or perhaps oil platforms.

I have the impression the viz. is usually less at Ft. Pickens than at the Destin Jetties. True?

Denise, that is the great thing about Ft. Pickens...it is a 2 minute walk from the car to the water! You park right at the wall...walk over the wall and the water is right there. Now, I can't deny the no viz. and strong currents at times, but it is worth it! Let's put a SB dive together so you can come down and dive it.

Sounds great!! I am heading away from the water and to the mountains Friday for a week on vacation. Maybe we can put something together after that for June. BTW, I did my 30th cave dive Monday. :)

Sounds good. We will put something together when you get back. Congrats on the 30th dive! I am doing Intro. with Rob (Diveaholic) June 27-28. I will be ready for some Intro buddies after that.

Sounds great!! I am heading away from the water and to the mountains Friday for a week on vacation. Maybe we can put something together after that for June. BTW, I did my 30th cave dive Monday. :)

Sounds good. We will put something together when you get back. Congrats on the 30th dive! I am doing Intro. with Rob (Diveaholic) June 27-28. I will be ready for some Intro buddies after that.

That is awesome!! Good luck on your class! I will be glad to buddy up with you for some intro dives. I need a lot more practice before I am ready to go full cave. I still haven't done any caves outside of Marianna. We need to get the gang together and do a road trip.:D

Sorry to H/J the thread. :wink:

Alright all you shore diving gurus. Lets plan something for Ft Pickens for the middle or end of June!!

Overall Destin Jetties probably has the better viz, but I see things at Pickens I've never seen elsewhere. Plus, in one day of diving we see Frogfish, Guitarfish, French Angels, and Large Mollusks (6"-10" tulips, crowns, and several un-id'ed). Add to that Aggresive Octopuses (after dark) and phosphorus cascades, and you've got some good diving brother!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom