You have got to be kidding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peter

Reaction score
I recently posted a reply in the Women's Only forum (Re: OK, Let's Be Honest Guys)and was told that it was a bit off (private message). The post was edited to alter one inoffensive word.

The reply was written as a bit of fun and I have seen posts on this board that have been much more graphic than my little word.

The word replaced (and don't worry - I won't use it again) had three letters in it and they were an "s" with an "e" near it and somewhere near that was an "x". Additionally, the word used to replace it ("food") didn't even convey the same meaning or context.

I don't think I used it in an offensive way and, to say the least, I'm a bit peaved that it was changed at all.

It seems that you can give the impression that you are sitting in front of your computer leering over posts that have been put up by women, but to use a word that is in the dictionary isn't.

I know some people who visit this board are underage, but I think you would have to really be stretching it to say that what I wrote was offensive.

Hi Peter:
I'm not sure which moderator edited your post. We usually talk about these things before we do it. Although I have gone in and changed a few words over the years and not brought it to anyone's attention.
If it might help when reffering to the word you used, I have used 'whoopie' in place of it, and it seemed to work nicely.
I can't say I have ever used 'food' but that could be interesting. Ha! So sorry if you were offended. I'm sure that was not meant to be the reaction.

Whoopie?!?:bonk: I must be too young to have known that one...:D

I do agree that sometimes the mods here try too hard to create a board that is totally devoid of self expression... :(
With that said ... Please no PM's if you disagree, it was just a comment about things that I have witnessed, and I don't really want a flood of hate mail because I said it...

..............seems there was more to it than replacing sex with food. There was a more extensive revision of material that was not appropriate. I was ready to get outraged over this issue, until I learned what really happened.

Peter,

If you had merely posted, "I prefer diving to sex." Your post would not have been altered. I resent the fact that you mislead us in this thread. I don't mind that you posted something inappropriate, we all make mistakes. Misleading people about it is inexcusable.

Gee. I feel kinda dumb here. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that what you stated was true, Peter.
To make a whole thread about you being disappointed with us, and then not telling the whole truth, just isn't cool.

Walter,

I don't know what you were told but the only thing changed from my original post was the word "sex" to "food".

If you have been told otherwise could you provide details either in this thread or via private message. You cancelled your last private message without saying why.

To everyone else,

I don't want to start a huge war but I don't appreciate being called a liar. It seems someone else on the board has a little trouble with telling the truth.

The posts give the impression to readers that I have been judged guilty. Unfairly so.

If the person who changed the original post would like to private message me, I'd be happy to chat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom