You know you're a COLDWATER diver when....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nay:
You almost prefer diving during the winter so you don't risk overheating while gearing up. (It's that time of year again.)

I hear ya on that one. I'm spending more and more time just cooling off in the water before putting on the last few pieces of equipment and going diving. I'm finding I'm consistantly staying below the thermocline too. Time to get rid of a thermal layer.

Dave in PA:
...You think it's warming up when the bottom temp hits 50*....

HAHA! That's a good one!

When you feel guilty about .. Bahamas?Exumas LiveAboard 2005
Florida Keys - MArch 2006

:)

... When LipBalm, Chapstik, Carmex, or Blistex is on your equipment checklist for those poor chapped lips after the dive. It's always eary looking at my buddies blue lips.

Matt

Canadian_Diver:
In response to the "You know you're a Warm Water diver when.." thread, I decided to make my own... so here goes... feel free to add...

You know you're a coldwater diver:

- If you've ever left a trail of gear from the water to the beach while begging someone to unzip your suit to relieve yourself.
- If you're wary to unzip your dive buddy's suit after a hard night of drinking beer and eating beans.
- If you know what CBS is (Critical Bladder Squeeze)

.... I got more... but I'll save 'em fer a bit.... :crafty:

You need to buy a P-valve now :)

- you love the thrill of the cold water slowly working it's way up the middle of your back after you jump in!

- you put vasaline on your lips so they won't stick to the regulator

- you swear that this year you are going to save up and buy a dry suit

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom