You know you're a COLDWATER diver when....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And this is fun? *backs slowly out of the thread to reconsider cold water diving*

... when you surface after a nice, 70+ minute dive and realize that your hands are so cold your fingers won't grip the ladder (I really gotta get dry gloves) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

AevnsGrandpa:
- you love the thrill of the cold water slowly working it's way up the middle of your back after you jump in!

- you put vasaline on your lips so they won't stick to the regulator

- you swear that this year you are going to save up and buy a dry suit

Jeff

-When you do not mind warming up your wetsuit with a sigh of relief.

Seriously, I have yet to purchase a drysuit and each year I keep pushing off the $1500 purchase...but, this really is a matter of where I live. A drysuit is really helpful in colder climates and frequent cold water dives or the occasional local quarry dive below 30 feet. In the mean time, my Xcel 765 performs well enough in 50 degree water for the duration of the dive.

.... when you are carting gear from your car on a sled because the snow on the ground is covering a layer of ice.

... when you can still recognize a wreck that is over 100 yrs. old and look at sawmarks in the wood.

There is an effect that cold water has on surfers. I knew some guys from SF area in Hawaii who practically shouted when talking a normal conversation. This was due to the middle, or some part, of the ear closing off due to repeated exposure to cold water impairing their hearing. So, I guess my question is, do you cold water divers yell a lot?

... when a chainsaw is an essential piece of dive gear ...

when you suddenly shrivel up like a stack of dimes when you go to relieve yourself....due to the sudden temperature change between the drysuit and the air

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom