You know you're a COLDWATER diver when....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah yes, severe shrinkage....

When you grew up swimming in 50 degree water in cutoff jeans, and after a dive in 38 degree water you think your drysuit undergarment might be too warm.

When you know the feeling of having a nail driven through your forehead and you know how long it takes for that feeling to go away.

-When you go hoodless and enjoy the warmth when the water temp is above 55 degrees.

-When the thing you liked most about diving Lake Tahoe was that 'balmy' late summer 63 degree water.

-When you consider the Channel Islands "tropical".

-When you have to hurry into your wetsuit so the vast majority of your buddies wearing drysuit underwear don't overheat.

-If you've ever had to rent wetsuits just to get the kids tagging along to play in the water.

-When you consider that $1.50 for the long warm shower the best money you ever spent.

When you've had to sit in front of a heater to "de-ice" your drysuit zipper in order for you to get out of the suit.

WHAT???

:wink:

Hank49:
There is an effect that cold water has on surfers. I knew some guys from SF area in Hawaii who practically shouted when talking a normal conversation. This was due to the middle, or some part, of the ear closing off due to repeated exposure to cold water impairing their hearing. So, I guess my question is, do you cold water divers yell a lot?

when you are ascending and cross that thermocline into 50* water and start to get too warm.

I need to get a dry suit.

Back
Top Bottom