Your Dive Mentor: Who, why and what have they contributed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to all who liked my story.

Happy new year!!

Loved your story! :rofl3:

However, one point that's not quite clear . . . if your dad is your mentor, and one wishes to be like one's mentor, then is it indeed your desire to nakedly wave at a passenger train?

Enquiring minds want to know . . . and watch!! :blinking:

I was diving in Roatan in the mid eighties, when I decided to go exploring. So my friend Louie and myself rented a taxi, and off we went. At the time there was not a lot there.

After driving around a while, we came upon a lagoon/bay something or other. Now the best part about being far away from home is, nobody knows who you are. I mean I was telling everybody in ear shot I was a famous blues guitar man. Nobody said anything.

I do not know what came over me, but I decided that I wanted go skinny dipping. Louie looked at me like I had three heads, but my mind was made up. Now it's interesting to point out that, I will not even wear shorts in the summer, cause I do not want people to see my legs.

So, off come the cloths, and off I go. Now the water was only ankle deep, so I kept walking out farther and farther and farther.

Finally I was a good distance from shore, but the water was still only angle deep, when not far from where I was, came a tour boat full of Japanese tourists.

As I was too far from the shore to run back, I naturally ran towards the boat praying the water would get deeper..................It didn't!

Finally, I just laid down in the water, which would not even cover my back, and once again tried to make a deal with God.

What I heard next sounded like automatic weapons fire as the all the cameras on the boat were going off at the same time.

To make matters worse, the guy operating the boat kind of kept it there for awhile.

Well. at least there were no sharks. but those damn crabs!

:rofl4:

TRW - you rock!!!! And you ARE just like your mentor!!!!!

:D

I was diving in Roatan in the mid eighties, when I decided to go exploring. So my friend Louie and myself rented a taxi, and off we went. At the time there was not a lot there.

After driving around a while, we came upon a lagoon/bay something or other. Now the best part about being far away from home is, nobody knows who you are. I mean I was telling everybody in ear shot I was a famous blues guitar man. Nobody said anything.

I do not know what came over me, but I decided that I wanted go skinny dipping. Louie looked at me like I had three heads, but my mind was made up. Now it's interesting to point out that, I will not even wear shorts in the summer, cause I do not want people to see my legs.

So, off come the cloths, and off I go. Now the water was only ankle deep, so I kept walking out farther and farther and farther.

Finally I was a good distance from shore, but the water was still only angle deep, when not far from where I was, came a tour boat full of Japanese tourists.

As I was too far from the shore to run back, I naturally ran towards the boat praying the water would get deeper..................It didn't!

Finally, I just laid down in the water, which would not even cover my back, and once again tried to make a deal with God.

What I heard next sounded like automatic weapons fire as the all the cameras on the boat were going off at the same time.

To make matters worse, the guy operating the boat kind of kept it there for awhile.

Well. at least there were no sharks. but those damn crabs!

I think you missed your calling.:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom