Your First Car....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first car was actually two cars! That's right, real gems! I bought one 1979 toyota celica GT hatch back and on the way home i drove by another one for sale and figured i could use the spare parts. So for a whopping $500 i had two cars ! I didn't even get my license for another month so a friend of mine put it on the road and we'd go out cruising everynight!

Lemme see here,
1966 Dodge Polaris, 383 4bbl, bucket seats with a 3sp auto in the console and a back seat as big as all outdoors. I loaded that bad boy up with a killer stereo, Pioneer KP500 AM/FM cassette player (I can't believe I remember that) with 25w per. channel and Jensen TriAxial 6x9 speakers, and the party was on :dazzler1: . I think I gave $400 for the car and probably $250 for the stereo. I wish I still had it today just for the hell of it. This was in 75 and I was a Jr. in H.S. Many have come and gone since then but I still have the 76 C10 my Grandfather helped me buy when I graduated in 76. That's another story altogether.
SkyChi

'67 Buick Wildcat convertable, 430 engine. White with Black roof and white/red interior. Handled like an ocean liner and had about as much room :wink: Very easy to get 3-4 people in the trunk for the drive in. Just kind of wallowed down the road, but I could cruise at 110 for hours (or until I ran out of gas). I drove it from Chicago 'burbs to Tucson in '75 to visit my cousin at David-Monthon A.F.B. When I had the oil changed down there they did not tighten the plug all the way and it froze up on the way to Nogalas. What a shame, I loved that boat.

Boy does this bring back some memories. First car was a '66 Ford Galaxie. Paid $400 for it. Only had 32,000 miles on it. It had a 390 interceptor motor with 4-barrel carb, C-6 I'm stupid, and dual exhaust. These were set up for the Highway Patrol. It was in perfect condition. Put on an Edelbrock streetmaster intake manifold, Holly 780 carb, Mallory duel point distributor. Hooker custom bent headers, Mitchell 30 glass packs. In those days we "jacked up" the rear ends ala Funny Car style. I had Mickey Thompson N50 15s in the back, and G60 14s in the front on polished aluminum deep-dish USA mags. Back end was held up with High Jacker air shocks with 3" extensions. Didn't handle the twisty well, but boy did it look good cruising the streets of So Cal. It was painted white with blue pearl topcoat. The grill was painted a black "Krinkle" finish. I painted the underside white and installed lights under the rear to light up the rear end (way before neon, and light kits were even thought of). Had Quick Silver painted on the trunk, got the name from an obscure band at the time (yes this was in the early '70s) called Quick Silver Messenger Service. Interior was all black. Sure wish I still had that big old boat. I do miss the muscle car days. Back then you tuned your big block with some simple hand tools and the seat of you pants. Now I ‘m tuning my Harley’s EFI with a laptop plugged into the bikes ECM. I still like to go fast though :crafty:

Here's a pic of my current go fast ride. This is just the start, plenty of changes to come.

Kayla:
I seem to be asking this to a lot of people lately.. as I get closer and closer to getting my license... and hopefully my own car after that... My question to you is.. what was your first car? :) Thanks in advance for your answers!:)

Kayla:)

1976 Olds 98 with a 455 rocket engine. Battle ship grey metalic with red crushed velvet seats. Oh the memories....

Ya know, that car had enough trunk space to sleep two comfortably... even if they weren't asleep...

Then there was the time the girl was laying accross the dash board...

And that road trip to Chicago....

The Love Boat, Soon wil be making another run!!!!

I WANNA BE 16 AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not my first car, but someone rolled my jeep wrangler for me, they decided they wanted to be where I was on I-5 on my way back from shasta. ow.

My first car was a 1980 box ford crown vic. My second car was better.

A 1965 Galaxie 500 black 4 door with red leather interior. 352 V-8 and glass packs...

That car was sweet. I miss it from time to time.

Nice thread. Lotsa memories with those cars mentioned.
My first car was a 1971 orange Pontiac Ventura. It was Pontiacs version of the Chevy Nova. It even had a tent with it. You flipped down the back seat, lifted the hatch back, added some stablizing bars and slid the tent onto it.

ZoCrowes255:
2001 Dodge Stratus. Totaled it six months later grrrrr

Chris drove a Dodge Stratus... you respect his Dodge Stratus!! :god:

In 1995, I got an '88 Ford Mustang LX Hatchback; Straight 4 cylinder, 5 speed, faded cherry red. When you opened the passenger door, the back part of the door fell to the ground because the hinge was bad. It had that fake window tint that had become all bubbly (and a few months later it got broken into… the passenger side window was broken & replaced, so one window was not tinted.) While I had it, the handle of the passenger door broke and my friends climbed in Duke-brother style for several months. :fork: One day I hit a bump and the exhaust broke off, but not completely, so it scraped down the road for 20 miles till I got home. The engine busted & had to be completely rebuilt by a redneck named Wolfman. :bandit_2:
I do have to say this, as much of an American made piece of poo as it was, a whole rebuilt engine cost me less than just rear brakes on my current foreign made piece of poo. :censored: Oh, hey, do you wanna buy a Mazda MX-6? It’s got plenty of new parts!

1950s ? Ford prefect I did not know how to drive or have a license when I got it so I had a friend drive it home for me. The road I lived on was a 1/4 mile private Rd and my friend promised to come back the next day and teach me how to drive. When he came the car would not start so he told me how to pop the clutch and he and my wife pushed but he did not tell me how to stop it. Up to the dead end of the road and I managed to swing it back around, passed my friend and wife running up the road to wards me and I was heading to wards a major road at the end, still had no idea how to stop it so I ran it into a ditch. It never ran again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom