Your First Car....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first car was a toyota hilux single cab ute - my Dad passed it down to me, it was great casue I was working at the local Aquarium so it took all of my dive gear nicely.

THe first car i purchased and still have is a VW Golf - i love it black, mags, my son calls it "Zippy Zoom Zoom" I call him Gus the Golf. He flies.

My first car was a 77 VW rabbit that I bought used in 82 or 83, it would break down on average every two months but it was rattle free when junked in 87.

My first cool car was an 84 pontiac fiero that I bought in 87, it had power everything and even speakers in the head rests. I still wish I had this car.

My first new car is a 92 chevy s-10 pickup bought for $8,400. It has 143,000 miles on it and still runs well. Very dependable and cheap to fix.

Hey Kayla,
You still out there, it's been about a year now.
Wondering how you made out?

Told you about my first car earlier in this thread, 69 Road Runner.
So I'll give you my first bike.

1982 Kawasaki KZ100LTD.
Straight 4 cyl, with a carb for each, 4 to 1 headers.
It would cruise at 125 mph, with enough go still left to get out of trouble.
It was king of the road till they introduced the Ninja's. (same engine but with a sixth gear, topped at 165 mph.)
Kinda strange cruising with your buddy at 120 and he drops it into 6th and leaves you in the dust.

1979 Datsun 210 hatchback standard shift sky blue in color. Payed $1700 and drove it just about around the world.

Kayla:
I seem to be asking this to a lot of people lately.. as I get closer and closer to getting my license... and hopefully my own car after that... My question to you is.. what was your first car? :) Thanks in advance for your answers!:)

Kayla:)

A 57 Chevy that I paid $75 for now it would be worth thousands

Kayla:
I seem to be asking this to a lot of people lately.. as I get closer and closer to getting my license... and hopefully my own car after that... My question to you is.. what was your first car? :) Thanks in advance for your answers!:)

Kayla:)

1967 Camero RS
Man, I wish I still had that car!!!
The cops still wish I had that car too. I bet their payrolls suffered when I sold it.

I was fortunate enough to hit 30 before I had to buy my first car, but the first car I "owned" was:

1970 MG BGT that I adopted from my girlfriend. It had an electric overdrive and cornered like nothing on earth. It had to be one of the cutest cars that ever graced the earth.

I think of that car more than I ever think of the girlfriend!

1973 piece of rust that somewhat resembled a Jeep CJ5. I worked my butt off earning the $1300 to buy and tow it home. 2 cars later, I had the Jeep running and got to drive it. :)

Back
Top Bottom