Your First Car....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kayla:
I seem to be asking this to a lot of people lately.. as I get closer and closer to getting my license... and hopefully my own car after that... My question to you is.. what was your first car? :) Thanks in advance for your answers!:)

Kayla:)

My first car was a 1966 Chevrolet Caprice, paid $500 for it with money earned from my paper route, 396 ci, switched to a rebuilt 283, back seat was like some else said, "a couch on wheels". It had an 8-track player and awsome speakers. No AC, just the 260 type, (2 windows rolled down and 60 mph)And the funny thing, I still have it. :crafty:

whoa, i just looked at the thread before I posted mine... its damn old - i guess i'm a thread digger :)

1967 VW Bus... restored it myself, drove it for 8 months then the air cooled 1200 cc engine died.. how sad.... no wi'm all about the public transportation (T, subway the "L")

In high school, my dad had a white 1996 Ford Contour for short time then he passed down to me for temporary. I drove it for almost 4 years then for my high school graduation, my dad bought me a BRAND NEW silver 2001 Toyota RAV4. I love it more than any other vehicles I ever drove in!

1965 Corvair Monza Hardtop, black w/red interior, 110 hp, 4 on the floor, AM radio, 8 track player. Added 2 white racing stripes down the centerline. Looked like a skunk! Would do 120MPH if you dared. Paid $900. Traded it for a brand new 1972 VW superbeetle, pumpkin orange.

DiverRick69:
1965 Corvair Monza Hardtop, black w/red interior, 110 hp, 4 on the floor, AM radio, 8 track player. Added 2 white racing stripes down the centerline. Looked like a skunk! Would do 120MPH if you dared. Paid $900. Traded it for a brand new 1972 VW superbeetle, pumpkin orange.

You know those corvairs are dangerous, just ask Ralph Nader :crafty:

1974 Chevy 4x4 P/U. Rust orange, paid $500 for it in 87.

Paul

1979 canary yellow Pinto.

dlndavid:
You know those corvairs are dangerous, just ask Ralph Nader :crafty:
Ralph Nader didn't even have a driver's license when he made those accusations :crafty: :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom