Your First Car....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kayla:
I seem to be asking this to a lot of people lately.. as I get closer and closer to getting my license... and hopefully my own car after that... My question to you is.. what was your first car? :) Thanks in advance for your answers!:)

Kayla:)
1967 Chevy Camaro SS. I paid 300 for it and worked on it my Sophmore and Junior years of HS. By the time I was a senior it was a 472 horsepower monster that sat low on BBS rims. Nothing on it was stock anymore and it wasnt just a straightline rocket, but could handle road courses too, courtesy of lots of suspension and brake upgrades. Working on it kept me off the streets and out of trouble. It was black...duh.

nothing beats my Nissan Pulsar 1988, T Top 1.8L, with the super DIVER GOES DEEPER decal on it... mm loved it. And so chheap in gas !

Bonafide

1973 Volkswagen SuperBeetle, keg doesn't fit in the trunk but you can fit 10 18packs and 40lbs worth of ice in the front.

Nicknamed "The Red Rocket" by all my jealous friends. Simple car and a looker too. Followed by a 1978 Morris 1300. Painted blue like a smurf and affectionately known as the smurf-mobile after that. Funny, for all the mocking, so many people wanted rides. I have a Jap-Crapper now. A Nissan Exa, but before that a straight six XF Ford Falcon 86 station wagon. That car carried so much dive gear to many dive sites for many great memories. Function before look I say!!!!

Cheers All Ears

My own first car was 1965 Olds Delta 88 with a 425CI pushed by a 455 Rocket 4 barrel. Land yacht extraordinare! $250.

Before that I had use of my mom's 1956 Ford F150 WITH original wrap-around rear window. 292 CI v-8. Sweet!

just got my licence and my dads 96 audi a4 2.8l, the only problem is i cant drive standard!!! but i'm learning

The pride of the energy crisis and long gas station lines a 4 cylinder (about 100hp) 1979 Pontiac Sunbird:

Within the first six months I spent more on a stereo and repairs than what I paid for the car to begin with.

My first car in 1982 was a '69 Pontiac Bonnivile fully loaded, leaked everything barge. It was humoungus, everything was electric and worked, and my car insurance at the time was a whopping 25.00 a month. Sold the car a short time late and got a 1972 canary yellow pinto. Have fond memories of my dad trying to teach me to dive a stick in the Globe store parking lot. (Dad probably hadn't driven a stick since the model T days as he was born in 1912). Remember driving it to school and praying that the light wouldn't change cause I wasn't sure I could take off again. :sulkoff:

Fun car but a disaster: muffler fell of somewhere in South Houston, starter went out but the backup (muscle power) worked just fine and for the grand finale the stick shift broke off. The car still ran great and a 4" pipe nipple works well as a gear shift. Car was abandoned at the impound yard when my X was arrested for DWI in it. Don't miss it.

Only new car I have ever had was a very big truck, 1992 Freightliner with a purrin kitty in it. :eyebrow:

Currently drive a used 2001 Explorer Sport Trak. Greeat all around small truck.

1994 Dodge Ram Conversion Van. Yes the van with the bed and the TV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom