Zeagle Ranger / Tech with doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You band and manifold them together just like with the W/BP and then use the optional extra long cam straps to secure them to the BCD. You can also use the stabilizer plates that Zeagle, Dive rite , and Dacor sell so the doubles will rest better on your back.
Here is a band and strap kit supposedly used on the Tech. The photo was taken from ebay Auction #3603522512 . Maybe the seller could answer a couple of questions for you.

Dectec,

As one of the world's coffee dependent, I love your signature line.

-Ron

Well, I see everybody is on the BP and Wings bandwagon, which is fine. I was diving w BP and Wings before they were "in" and found them uncomfortable, and still do. I have been diving the Tec Pac for 3 years, for cave, wreck and deep (200+) on a regular basis. I simply add the Dive Rite stablilizing plates and bolt the harness directly to the tank bands as you would with a BP. The "platform" is fine. Don't bother with the extra long tank bands. I have hiked in and out of the jungle, pushed 3000' into a system (and more importantly back out), been to a number of wrecks from 130'-300' with no problems. Sure a BP and wings will work, but if you like your Tech and are comfortable diving it don't get bullied into something someone else is marketing.

I dive a harness and BP and have for several years. When I started though there was my Ranger. I bolted a set of hp 120 to the zeagle and off I went. as a matter of fact it was a better rig than when I had an OMS IQ Pac. I prefer a backplate, but nothing is wrong with a zeagle. Zeagle was tech before there was tech. There BC design is a decade old, and everybodies is a knock off of the zeagle. If all I could have was a zeagle and a set of doubles, I would get by just fine..:)

One option no one has mentioned is to purchase the zeagle backplate. It will work with all of the bladders currently on zeagle bcs. Because it's a bp/wing system, you're getting all of the advantages, but since you'd use much of what you already have, the costs are greatly reduced.

WHile shopping for a bp/wing the lds owner in san antonio highly recomended the tech as a solid platform for dubbles, in fact it is his prefferred bc. he uses it on almost ever tech div. His only recomendation was not to go above steel 98's with soft backs because it was unstable. All it required was the option long bands and the stabalizer plates. of course you doubles will be set up like a bp/wing configuration where you need the tanks, manifold, bands and bolts.

I would just go with a BP/Wing rather that go to the trouble of making the Zeagle work.

double125's once bubbled...
WHile shopping for a bp/wing the lds owner in san antonio highly recomended the tech as a solid platform for dubbles, in fact it is his prefferred bc. he uses it on almost ever tech div. His only recomendation was not to go above steel 98's with soft backs because it was unstable. All it required was the option long bands and the stabalizer plates. of course you doubles will be set up like a bp/wing configuration where you need the tanks, manifold, bands and bolts.

This LDS owner didn't happen to be a Zeagle dealer, did he?

However he also sells (and stocks) dive rite and can order oms. That was his personal preferrance. I prefer the bp/wings myself as there is less cluter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom