Zeagle Ranger, who Has ONE!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Ranger and also think it is a tank. No issues with bladder. The rear trim pockets are heavy duty compared to other BCs. The weight pockets can be a bit cumbersome to load.

glad to hear you all like it, I have't had to many dives on it but am liking it alot...would like to try a jacket style someday
Ranger is a great first BC, it is VERY comfortable, it IS a tank. If you like the Ranger, it is unlikely you will like the jacket as much. I still have my Ranger but transitioned to SS BP/W several years ago and now prefer that, be it for Caribbean singles or cold quarry doubles. I found that I prefer a simpler BCD. But, you are not likely to regret getting your Ranger.

I have the Ranger and love it. Plenty of D-rings, nice pocket space and I even like the yellow pouch things that hold the weights. It's easy to unzip and grap the weights to hand up to a boat. The only drawback is the amount of space it takes up in a bag when traveling abroad. I don't think it's much more than most BCs, but I would imagine a BP/W would take up less space.

Also, the ripcord for dumping weights can be intimidating when you first think about re-threading it. However, I made myself do it about 4 times (on dry land) when I first got it and by the second re-thread it was quite easy and the process was actually less than 3-4 minutes to complete.

I think that I'll probably end up with a BP/W someday, but for now the Zeagle Ranger is great.

I agree it is quite large to travel with but how durable it is makes up for the weight....I don't mind carrying it if the BC is high quality

Love my Ranger, when (if) it wears out I may try out the BPW but I don't see enough negatives to warrant a change yet. My daughter has a Lazer and is very fond of it. I'm not so sure there is that much of a travel issue for me, I can fit the Lazer, Ranger two sets of fins, booties gloves, masks and regs in a single Samsonite hard case. It gets close to the 50# limit but not over.
My only change will be in ordering a 35 lb bladder, the 44 is way overkill for me.

Howdy

I've had my Ranger for 3 years now and been very happy. Only modifications have been:

Two XS weight pockets to the shoulder straps -- I float legs-down and couldn't move the tank any further up to accomodate the trim issue. Added 1 pound on each shoulder

Lumbar pad--firmed up the fit

Dane

I bought Craig's old Ranger and I love it. It really depends on what conditions you dive in. I dive in NE with 33 pounds on me, so I need something a little bulkier. It also has endless options...

I absolutely love my Ranger.
I started diving with a jacket BC, won't go back.
It is a tank, yes; however I still use it for tropical diving with no issues and then have the flexability to use it with my drysuit.
I have the LTD, so the extra trim pouches and attachment point are nice to have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom