Zeagle Scout vs Escape

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sordello,

Sounds to me like the power inflators were in need of servicing. We have very inexpensive kits that will take care of sticking inflator buttons. If they get gunk or sand in them, they will tend to act as you have stated.

What type of expedition were you on, and where was it, if you don't mind my asking!

Thanks,

Scott

I have been diving with an escape since about 2004. It's the perfect BC for me. I don't need pockets as pockets in the past were too small for me and I would never put anything in a BC pocket that I didn't want to lose unless it was a zipper pocket, besides if I need it I can just use a clip on pocket. The Escape has held up to some serious abuse, it looks like it's been through hell and back but structurally it's as sound as the day I got it. I also noticed a pretty big increase in bottom time. Seemed the BC was much easier for me to get my trim right and IMO was better streamlined compared to the older jacket inflates and with some of the larger more tech oriented back inflates I have used.

I have been diving a scout for about the last 4 years. As all my diving is cold with a wet suit, I use a weight belt. It has worked very well for me and I greatly prefer it to those bc's I have used with integrated weights. The scout actually does have two very flat but good sized pockets. They really don't hold much. One of my thougts is to eventually get to a bp/w. Untill then, the Scout lets me setup weight belt, sewn on wetsuit pockets and other things that will integate with the bp/w. The back weight pockets are ditchable with practice but I use them strickly for trim weights. Never had a problem with the inflator valve. Hope this helps although your original post was a couple of weeks ago and you have probably already made your purchase.

If I'm not mistaken, the scout has no cummerbund; just a simple waist belt, while the escape has a cummerbund. (correct me if I'm wrong) IMO this is a nice advantage to the scout; the cummerbund is a useless appendage to me, and you could probably slip a few weights (or Xscuba pockets) right on the scout waistbelt if you don't need much lead.

mattboy:
... you could probably slip a few weights (or Xscuba pockets) right on the scout waistbelt if you don't need much lead.
The belt crosses the very front but flairs out on the sides. Hence the hidden pockets. But definately less cumbersome than a cumberbun.

The cummerbund is an option. I ordered mine in Chicago, Scuba Systems complete with screws and it now makes my Scout's fit in more snugly around my waist. Minimized bc movement too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom