SPG's All The Same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok my brian isn't exactly working right on this one. If you take it out of the boot how and where do you attach it to your harness?

taat2d once bubbled...
Ok my brian isn't exactly working right on this one. If you take it out of the boot how and where do you attach it to your harness?

Gauge -->ziptie or folded O-ring (not the one from D.C.) at the base of the HP hose (where it meets the gauge)-->large boltsnap-->d-ring on left hip in BP/Wing harness or any d-ring on BC that will ensure slim profile in H20.

I'll look for a link with pics...

Ahhhh I get it now. If you could find pics I'd appreciate it and the coke's will be on me.:D :wink:

With SPGs, longer is not better - most HP hoses are 30", however if you decide to attach a bolt snap and clip the hose off to a low D-ring on your left side, a 24" hose routes much nicer.

Scubaroo once bubbled...
With SPGs, longer is not better - most HP hoses are 30", however if you decide to attach a bolt snap and clip the hose off to a low D-ring on your left side, a 24" hose routes much nicer.

Good call. I forgot to mention that you might want to replace the HP hose if you are planning on doing this kind of thing with a harness.

I'm a pretty tall guy so I actually DIDN'T - *eek* - replace my hose. I still find that with a 30" hose, the SPG basically lays flat against my side and that the boltsnap is flush with the left hip d-ring.

Thanx for the pic KKM. Isn't it easier to see the gauge if it's clipped off on a cest D-ring? Or do you keep the tip warp or o-ring loose so it slide up and down the hose and you can leave it clipped off and still slide it up? I'm not sure if I'm saying this right I hope you guys know what I mean.

Uhhhhhh sorry...
The tip warp was supposed to read; tie wrap

Thanx for the pics Score Res Q

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom