Princeton Tec Kudos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectrum

Dive Bum Wannabe
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had the switch base fail in Pricnceton Tec "Tec 400" fail a few weeks ago. I gave them a call this morning and before I knew it I was giving the guy my name so he could send me a new base. No questions, no returning the unit just sending the part before I could even ask. It was refreshing.

I had a flooded Princeton Tec light replaced by them last year. No questions asked, simply "here's the new one." Nicely the light had been upgraded in the interim, so I got the new model when they sent me the new one.

Gotta love a company that stands behind their product.

Well that's good. I tried to contact UK about a flooded and they haven't even reply to my email.

I've dealt with Princeton Tec for a few years. While they don't have the most powerful, the cheapest or the sexiest lights I have never had a problem that they wouldn't take care of almost immeadiately.

Well, getting back to my 2008 post..... I got my part and it seemed to work. After a while I found that the light was still erratic. It seemed to be a worn switch cam since this was my day light that goes on an off a lot for looking into crevices and signaling in poor visibility. I chalked it up to wear and tear, bought a replacement and put it on the shelf f or parts.

As I was cleaning up my office this summer I found one of my PT instruction/warranty fliers and noted the no nonsense warranty. I packed the light and sent it in to see what would happen.

Several weeks latter a package arrived with a brand new replacement, batteries and all! To say that I was please and impressed is an understatement. The next time I need to add a light to the collection deciding who to give my money to will be a no brainier.

Thanks PT,
Pete

Same thing here.. a piece of the switch mechanism broke inside my wife's PT Shockwave II earlier this year. One phone call, no questions asked, no warranty bs, no money ---they sent us a whole set of various replacement parts.

Outstanding customer service!!!

My LDS had a whole supply of replacement parts from the company and switched out a new switch and cam while I wait for my tanks to get filled.

same with mine they are really great with warranty repairs .. would recommend them to a fellow diver...just wish they had a rechargable canister package, that would be amazing..

Another positive vote for PT - last year they replaced a discontinued flooded Surge with a brand new Torrent........

Couldn't ask for better customer service......:)

M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom