What to wear in 65 degree water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
My wife and I are going to dive North Carolina in mid May and the water temp is around the mid to upper 60s then.

What would most of you wear in that water temp??

Thanks
Mike

With that kind of temp, I'd be wearing my full 3/2 or just my drysuit shell with a tshirt & shorts underneath.

duh

I also wear my 3 mil Henderson Gold

I'm like DivingGal I would wear my 3/2 full suit. I pretty much always wear a hood and would probaly also wear my thin gloves.

I think a 7 mil farmer john with gloves would be nice for that. I'd either go with that or a full 3 mil. I prefer to have my arms free.

If you don't like your head to get cold, a 3 mil farmer john with a hooded vest might be something to think about. You'd have 6-7 mm on your upper body, a hood, and free arms. Toasty.

I have a nice pair of thin (2 mm) neoprene gloves that I like to wear all the time.. not the warmest, but you almost don't even know they're there.

I'm with the 3ml crowd and would also go with a light tropical hood. I wouldn't worry about gloves.

My wife and I are going to dive North Carolina in mid May and the water temp is around the mid to upper 60s then.

We wear our drysuits in those temps. Anything below 75F and it's time for the DUIs. (Undergarments vary according to water temp.)

But then again, we only have 2 suits: a tropical 3mm or DUI 350TLS shell drysuits.

~SubMariner~

Hello folks:

With water temps in the 60's, I wouldn't go unless at lease a 5 mm wetsuit. Also think about a hood also.

One place that i dive up here in eastern W.Va. "Mt. Storm " lake area, the water is in the early 60's in april and i not only use a 5 mil wetsuit by itself, but also a 5 mil sleeveless vest with hood over it.. I 'am very comfortable and the water doesn't seam to suck your body heat as fast if you plan to make a all day dives' out of it.

I quess use your own judgement, for you can determine how easily cold you get when diving..... bye.....:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom