Cozumel-Diver lost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My roommate is down there now, returning today from a dive vacation.
He mentioned the lost diver in an email, but he didn't know any details.

fyh

I found this...

"Rescue officials told **** that Yumiko Imai, a 40-year-old Japanese tourist, went missing on Sunday while scuba diving off the south coast of the popular tourist destination in Mexico's Riviera Maya."

Rick

Article from: Agence France-Presse
Tourist missing after dive in Mexico
From correspondents in Cancun, Mexico January 02, 2008 05:50am

AUTHORITIES were searching yesterday for a Japanese tourist who went missing on Sunday when she was scuba diving off the Mexican resort island of Cozumel.
Cozumel naval officials said the woman went missing off the island's south coast, but did not immediately disclose her name. Local radio Turquesa reported however the woman was Y I, 40.

A Civil Protection official said the search by sea and air had been on since the woman was reported missing Sunday.

"So far we have no idea where this tourist could be, we do not know if she is alive," one official said privately.

Cozumel is part of Mexico's Riviera Maya, a resort area which draws many of the country's international visitors.

I think the current goes northward, hopefully, she is still OK. The way how drift diving is done there makes it easy to lose a diver or two, and also risky for getting hit by boats.

I think the current goes northward, hopefully, she is still OK. The way how drift diving is done there makes it easy to lose a diver or two, and also risky for getting hit by boats.

usually does, anyone know what shop she was with..........here's hoping for the best........

One article said she was diving with her husband as dive buddy

Is this article online??.TIA..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom