Force Fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have Force fins, but I get a number of people on the boat who have them and love them. Back in the day when Scuba divng mag did their original fin tests which included split fins, the Force placed second to the Apollos, but ahead of Blades. That would indicate to me that they were a decent fin, as Blades were a very good fin at the time.

The one thing I would mention along the lines of the Force fin, I suspect it is a very nice travel fin. It appartently performs fairly well, users are happy with them (a very important aspect) and they are fairly compact compared to many of the top knotch fins out there and should take up less suitcase space than many fins I see brought over.

I've mostly seen the "Pro" model, with occasionally the ones with the adujustible fin flanges (?) so I can't comment on specifics other than in general most peopleseem to be happy with them, then again, very few people complain about their fins.

do you radically have to re learn how to kick or can you just slap them on and they work perfectly?

liberato:
If you do an advanced search for thread titles only with Force Fins in them you will find out everything you want to know. There is really nothing new to add...
I'm such a noob :11: I thought the ForceFins were new.

Sorry folks.
Tom Winters:
How much are they charging for the Tan Deltas?
They're charging $279 for the Tan Deltas.

dolbersen:
They're charging $279 for the Tan Deltas.
?! Why on earth are those so expensive???

They're molded polyurethane, right? Probably cost on the order of $5 to make each fin. There's nothing special or exotic going on here, right? Did I miss something?

pants!:
?! Why on earth are those so expensive???

The median price for a house in Santa Barbara is right around a million dollars or so.

neil:
The median price for a house in Santa Barbara is right around a million dollars or so.
So... er... the Force Fins are more expensive because they're made in a nice neighborhood that has good schools and low crime? :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom