A new battery made my day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olddiver2

Reaction score
Sometimes in life, there are pleasant surprises that remind you of how things used to be… or ought to be. This was the case when I needed a new battery for my old computer.

I tried several shops in Ft. Lauderdale area, and received puzzled looks and courteous declines. Most of the clerks hadn’t seen a computer from the ‘90’s, or knew if their service department could even handle such a daunting task. Just after Christmas, I remembered that when I posted a question about my TUSA Imprex II on the forum, Larry from Scuba-Toys, said if I couldn’t find a LDS to take care of me, they would.

I popped the little puck in the mail with a note that they should call or mail me a quote, and I would send a check to cover the service. Days clicked by and I was beginning the think the worst thoughts possible.

Tonight, when I heard the UPS truck zoom away, I thought they were delivering another package from HSN or QVC to quench my wife’s thirst for consumerism.

What a nice surprise it was to see a box with the Scuba-Toys return address! And, inside was my computer with a new battery and an very reasonable invoice. Now, they either did a fantastic job of cleaning up the old TUSA, or this is an extremely nice replacement. At any rate, I am now another satisfied fan of the guys from Carrollton, Texas.

I haven't found a forum yet that describes how do change the battery for the TUSA Imprex and Imprex II. I would take it to a TUSA shop, but all of the shops in my area won't service them. Any suggestions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom