Bottom timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I may be trying to solve too many problems at once, but here goes. (BTW, I did a search, and couldn't find anything that really addressed this question.)

I'm tired of computers that put the information I want most in the smallest numbers in the corners of the display, where they are hard to read. I would like to have something on my wrist that makes it EASY to see how deep I am and how long I've been down. I would also like it to record time in seconds in some mode, for timing stops. Since I own two computers already, I would prefer not to pay six or seven hundred dollars for something to do the above jobs.

Any ideas?

Suunto D3. Mind you, it doesn't have a big display. (but it does come with a cheesy magnification thingy)

Depending on the computers you own, in their gauge mode it may display the run time in seconds. I know my Vytec displays minutes and seconds while in gauge mode. See if any of your current computers will do that and save yourself some $$$. My UWATEC digital BT doesn't show the time with seconds.

I suspected that was true of the Uwatec.

I have a Mosquito which doesn't have a gauge mode. And it displays the run time in itty-bitty-tiny numbers in the bottom corner of the face, and half the time, I can't read them, even through my bifocal mask :(

And I have a Cobra console which I refuse to use, so it's not worth trying to find out if it will do what I have in mind.

Grump. No solution?

Hmmm, well, she started out with a Cobra (but now can NOT be bothered to have such a rule 6 violation anywhere near her!) so that one is out -- and it doesn't show seconds so her 1 minute stop might be as long as, wait, 92 seconds!

Then she got a Mosquito -- NOT a rule 6 violation but she won't use the "cheesy" magnifyer and yes, it doesn't show seconds either so again, it may not be precisely 60 seconds!

OK, then she got a dive watch which SHOWS seconds so her stops were "spot on" BUT now she finds out the band won't fit over her dry suit. Now SOME people might say, get a bigger band or come up with an extender, but, hmmm, nope -- MUST GET ANOTHER TOY!

Wives, can't live with 'em, .......

Just to add to the bad news...both of my computers (Oceanic/Aeris) when in gauge mode still only display depth/time in the same small size that they do in computer mode (which is crazy).

They don't use the addition display space to use larger numbers. Gauge mode just blanks out NDL numbers and max depth. Seconds aren't displayed either.

I've always thought that most dive equipment must not be designed by divers otherwise we wouldn't have such problems.

I use a UWATEC digital depth gauge then a cheap casio watch (with seconds/stopwatch) It's been down to 100 without issues but then again I don't push the buttons once underwater.... not exactly a perfect answer more like a work around

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom