Recommended Regs for a DIYer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

R

redacted

A friend of mine is looking to pick up another set of regs and intends to service them himself. My experience is all Scubapro & I recommended he look at a used set of Scubapro regs (no sense in DIYer paying for a warrenty). Although part are not open to general sales, there seem to be numerous sources including a few friendly LDSs, ebay, and foreign internet sources. I also know of the Diverite regs which seem to be reasonably priced from DRExpress and parts are also available. I also was the Salvo site which had regs and is supposed to support with parts available to the user. Any other recommendations? Thanks

Well, you've also got the Conshelf series. Cheap to pick up a set, few special tools(in fact, only one for me), parts are fairly easy to find, the rebuild is simple and the latest manual is available online.

Thanks Creed. I don't want to let my Scubapro bias limit his candidates.

Dive Rites. Parts order available online, manual available online.

Back
Top Bottom