Drysuit fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yak

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I suspect that most "models" have the tighest fit possible to look nice for the camera, but what's your consensus on the fit of this suit?

132_3215.jpg

132_3216.jpg

132_3217.jpg

I'm wearing the clothes seen in the first picture under the suit.

Is it just me or are the pictures just "red x's in boxes"?
Ber :lilbunny:

I can see the pictures. It looks a little long in the torso to me. But then, you may need a little extra length in order to get into the suit and to allow for thicker undergarments. I'd try it on with the thickest undergarments you are likely to use before arriving at any conclusions.

At first glance I would say it's an adequate but not perfect fit. As you mentioned most catalogs show the models in suits that are too small. In my shop I wouldn't hesitate to put someone into a rental that fit like that for a class, but if they were buying a suit I'd want to do better. However, as drl mentioned, the suit will fit differently with the undies, so put on the heaviest you are likely to wear and let's have another look.

It looks too big to me. Maybe thats because it doesn't have a telescoping torso. It looks much too bulky around the middle and too tall.

Good luck. I'm working on purchasing a drysuit myself.

David

Ok - I put on all the undergarment layers that I expect to use, started sweating my *** off, and jumped into the suit for a few more shots with an inferior camera. Here's a few (it's hard to smile when you haven't trimmed the neckseal).

100_6391.jpg

100_6392.jpg

100_6393.jpg

Now, if I pull the torso down to where the suit lays out smoothly on my chest, here's where my crotch is vs the suit's crotch.

100_6395.jpg

Opinions?

I don't think I needed to see where your crotch is:l: ... but the suit looks a little baggy

I think it's just a few inches too long for you. Yes you could probobly dive in it. You would be more comfortable in the water with less room in the torso. The arms look ok. Hope you find what your looking for on here. It is hard for people to go out on a limb and say yes or no to that fit by looking at a picture...If I could see you wear it in person I could say for sure. A tad too long is my best estimate.

Back
Top Bottom