US CGC Duane & Ft. Lauderdale next week.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Red_5

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm going to be diving her this Sunday off of Ocean Divers.

they say it's great diving right now. anyone else going to be down there?

also, I may be up for a night dive. I would like it to be pretty close to Ft. Lauderdale as my day time obligations are quite full. Any recommended operations to look up? this will be my first night dive. tnx

I may be up for a night dive. I would like it to be pretty close to Ft. Lauderdale as my day time obligations are quite full. Any recommended operations to look up? this will be my first night dive. tnx

The only two operators in the local area running a regularly scheduled night dive are Parrot Island in Pompano Beach and RJ Diving in South Miami Beach. Both are good operators and run their night dives on Wednesdays.

I know about RJ, been out on that boat a couple times.. now, how is the traffic in the evening from FLL?

actually.. Pompano is closer... I'll have to check that out.

thanks for the info!

I'm going to be diving her this Sunday off of Ocean Divers.

they say it's great diving right now. anyone else going to be down there?

also, I may be up for a night dive. I would like it to be pretty close to Ft. Lauderdale as my day time obligations are quite full. Any recommended operations to look up? this will be my first night dive. tnx
I dove the Duane last week, great dive, tons of life

Also, get the art to media wreck slates, they are amazing for planning dives and knowing where you are on larger wrecks.

Also, get the art to media wreck slates, they are amazing for planning dives and knowing where you are on larger wrecks.

where can I find these? I searched google.. and nothing came up

where can I find these? I searched google.. and nothing came up
3D Underwater Waterproof Dive Site Map Cards from LeisurePro.com
These things are amazing, especially on a wreck like the Spiegel Grove where there are so many mooring balls, this way you can be sure you come up on the correct one.

The duane also has some balls which do to not the surface, so if you come up on one of those you could be in for some trouble, with the map you know where you are and come up right next to the boat. Well worth the $$.

If you need them right away, Conch Republic Divers sells some of them, at least the Duane and the Bibb, but they may have others.

They are in Tavernier, ~mm90

thanks for the link.. I've seen those before when I dove the SG. Those are what I was thinking of when you mentioned them. they are pretty cool.

I was there last week and I think Conch Republic has the Eagle, Bibb, Duane and Speigle Grove Cards for Sale. If you get a chance to dive with them also you won't be disapointed. They Run a great Shop and Boat. Capt Gary and Brenda are first Rate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom