Local Reg servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kjunheart

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Brian and I are going on a trip to Saba :D next month and I'd like to get our regs serviced before we go. Can anyone recommend someone who does a good job and is quick/reliable? I'd like to get it done so I can get a couple of dives in before I leave. Unfortunately, the place I have been using has recently shown me that they do not live by their word or stand by their workmanship. So I need a new place to hang my hat!

Thanks for your help!
Sandy

Although they are a long schlep for you, UnderSeas Sports in Fort Lauderdale has been servicing my gear since 1982 (but they've been in business longer than that!) and they have my business for life. If you can't find someone good closer to home, they are worth the trip. 954-564-8661, ask for Matt or Barry.

Brian and I are going on a trip to Saba :D next month and I'd like to get our regs serviced before we go. Can anyone recommend someone who does a good job and is quick/reliable? I'd like to get it done so I can get a couple of dives in before I leave. Unfortunately, the place I have been using has recently shown me that they do not live by their word or stand by their workmanship. So I need a new place to hang my hat!

Thanks for your help!
Sandy

It's a little bit of a drive, but the best person I know to service regs is in S. Daytona, Red's Blue Water Diving. you can contact him through:

Red Sullivan's World Famous Blue Water Diving - Daytona Beach, Florida

It's a little bit of a drive, but the best person I know to service regs is in S. Daytona, Red's Blue Water Diving. you can contact him through:

Red Sullivan's World Famous Blue Water Diving - Daytona Beach, Florida

Hey, do ya suppose they'd service a 30 y/o ScubaPro MK5 over there? I took it to Castaway last year.. and though they did an excellent job, it took almost a month and a half to get it back. I don't want that kind of gap in the middle of my summer this year! And nobody else I called in Orlando would touch it.

Hey, do ya suppose they'd service a 30 y/o ScubaPro MK5 over there? I took it to Castaway last year.. and though they did an excellent job, it took almost a month and a half to get it back. I don't want that kind of gap in the middle of my summer this year! And nobody else I called in Orlando would touch it.

Red specializes in ScubaPro! :eyebrow: You know what he tells me about my Mares (also old regs) :dork2:

Seriously, I can't guarantee how long the turn-a-round time will be, but I'd if it would be anywhere near the time you experienced last year. Most of the dive shops east of Orlando use him (at least to some extent). I bring my stuff to him and it's usually done while I wait.:D

Thanks for your help!
Sandy

If you can't get it done in time to get in some checkout dives before you leave I'd hold off on the service. Right after service is when most people have problems, usually incorrect adjustments or incorrect assembly. Instead, see if a local shop can do a pre-trip inspection which they should be able to do while you wait. If it fails and their opinion is the regs are not safe to use on the trip then you can arrange for rental regs from the LDS or on site.

Thanks for the input. I have a Mares and didn't even look to see what Brian has. I had brought my reg to an LDS and they were suppose to have it done a week ago ... someone at the shop evidently forgot to send it out. You've got to love the service industry in South Florida! So I guess I will just wait till I get back.

Sandy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom