Sherwood InSight Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tjride

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My dive partner (wife) just bought me a Sherwood InSight Dive Computer. After reading the manual. It appears to be able to do everything I was looking for in an Intro computer. My question is-- Does anyone have any thoughts on this unit? I know it is kind of late to be asking questions now- but I didn't expect this and Hopefully it will be just fine. We are fairly new to diving.

Tom

I don't have an Insight, but I have a Sherwood Profile, and it is basically like all Sherwood products:

Cheap, effective and does what it says on the packaging.

I own purchased an Insight in Kauai last year and the only thing to watch for is if your diving with Nitrox, you have to reset the Oxygen % after every dive. I was diving in Belize in April and the dive guide set everyone up. I wanted to check my O2 % and he said it was the same as the first dive. 2 mistakes, insist on checking the O2 level yourself and remember the Insight will default back to non nitrox settings after every dive. I got some wild readings for my 2nd nitrox dive. But it was a shallow 2nd dive so no harm but a valuable lesson. (my bad)

This computer was recommended by my dive instructor. I'm still on the fence myself! My husband purchased a Mares and so I'm wondering if I want to get one like him. Not too much information out there on the Sherwood Insight but I'm finding plenty on the Mares. Any suggestions from anyone else would be greatly appreciated.

I will say one thing--- If we had to do it all over again, We would both have the same dive computer. We now have two different ones and it sure would be nice to both have the same one so as to make the learning curve easier. It seems we both had to somewhat learn each others to feel good about the whole situation. Hard to explain but just our thoughts....

Tom and Kim

Thanks! That's what we will do. You're right! I guess I will get to try it out in about two weeks in the Keys! We have it counted down!

Let us know how your dive goes too. always nice to read about other dive watches too. Have fun and enjoy the beauty of the Keys... We haven't been there yet but will someday.

Aloha Guys

I ow a dive shop in Kauai. I purchased 8 insights to put my boat diving customers in for our tours.

I have gotten pretty proficient with them over the past few months.

I do like them alot. They do exactly what they are supposed to.

I did however have to teach my crew how to use them, Ex. Read, change settings, logbook, etc..etc..

I will be more than happy to help or answer any questions you have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom