What are you charging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaTec

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
What are the dive shops and instructors charging for classes in your area.

I am looking at changing some of my prices and was doing a search on the internet to see what everybody else is charging for dive classes.

I currently charge

PADI open water = $350.00 cnd this includes everything

TDI Advanced Nitrox, Deco procedures, Entry Trimix, Advanced Trimix = $700.00us each. this is for instruction only.

any input to some of the charges in your area

WHOA!!!!! Man am I glad I learned here!!!

I paid $180.00 USD for everything... Including gear rental, transportation, and some beer!!!

cheaper to fly to Canada and do o/w than it is here in Tokyo!

Jonathan

PADI OW: $250 not including book, book was $50.00 (I think). $200 if you come with a group over 6.

SSI OW: $275 includes everything, book, video, and a t-shirt.

PADI AOW: $125.

SSI Specialty classes $75 each except Nitrox and one other.

TDI Intro Nitro: $150.00

I just happened to be checking prices on town today.

is right. No wonder shops have to charge so much for equipment they sure aren't making it on what they are charging for classes.

My lds charges $230 for OW....they keep $200 and $30 goes to the quarry for the qual dives. That cost includes absolutely everything....just show up.

One PADI shop whose rates I know normally charges $189.00 for pool and class work (books, photo, c-card included), and $249.00 for the certification dives.

My LDS is 199 for lessons and that includes all major equipment, books, and extra help that is needed. Open water certs are 125 plus any added expenses. We want to sell you your personal gear but it isn't required as long as you have scuba quality.

The other shop in the area is 149 not including books, $50, and you must buy your personal gear from them. You also must rent your wetsuit, and buy your own weights.

We have another shop that charges according to how much equipment you are willing to buy up front. He also has some unique sales pitches, such as he is the only shop in the region that can certify you to dive down to 100 feet. You cannot wear contacts and must take a reading test to see if you have to purchase corrective lens for your mask. It is quite an education to go into his shop to hear his latest sales pitch.

Standard Scuba Course:

The class itself: $125

Student Kit (books, video etc): VHS= $49.95 DVD=$59.95

Open Water Training is $100 if you do it locally

The only thing that we don't provide for the class is the mask, fins snorkel and boots. If they choose to buy that from us we knock $25 off their openwater fee.

Lead_carrier once bubbled...
It is quite an education to go into his shop to hear his latest sales pitch.

you sure you didn't mean experience??? I've got to meet this guy...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom