vr3 or shearwater pursuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DANM

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i've heard good things about both of these, but heard the vr3 can be hard to learn and if any problems need to send away for repair. i know there's some trimix users here and would appreciate feedback. thanks in advance, dan

thanks for the info, as i get ready I'll research further, thanks again, Dan

The Shearwater Pursuit is a proven technical dive computer that is easy to use, easy to read, very rugged and can grow with you as you move up into the technical diving arena.

You can start out with the Pursuit as an OC Nitrox computer and then upgrade it to OC Trimix and then into a CCR Rebreather computer if you end up going that direction.

Each upgrade can be done right over the internet.

The Shearwater Pursuit is becoming a factory option with several Rebreather Manufactures and that says alot about it's quality and reliability.

To learn more you can go to Shearwater Research Inc. - Computers for Diving.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I have owned and used the VR3, HSE and Cochran. I now own 2 Shearwater Pursuits and have been using them for several years now.

thanks for your input, i've heard good things about them, but some people still push or want the vr3. i'm going to seriously look into one. thanks again, Dan

thanks for your input, i've heard good things about them, but some people still push or want the vr3. i'm going to seriously look into one. thanks again, Dan

Do yourself a favor and look at the Pursuit before you make your decision, most people that are still pushing the VR3 are only doing it because they have never used or seen a Shearwater Pursuit. I have alot of experience with both the VR3 and the Pursuit and there is no comparison.

Good luck on your decision.

Ahem...

I've seen it and I am still using a VR3. :D Sorry Kurt. Love you! lol.

PS when are you coming to dive in my part of the woods? I'd love to get a trip in with you.

Do yourself a favor and look at the Pursuit before you make your decision, most people that are still pushing the VR3 are only doing it because they have never used or seen a Shearwater Pursuit. I have alot of experience with both the VR3 and the Pursuit and there is no comparison.

Good luck on your decision.

i'm still looking into these, have'nt made a decision yet, but i do appreciate everyone's advice. thanks, Dan

I looked at the Shearwater recently. Not enough there to make me want to stop using my VR3. As far as hard to learn? Well it is certainly harder than learning to use an entry level nitrox computer but I wouldn't say it is hard. In the past Delta has not written their manuals very well, however the latest versions are a step up.

I like the X1...I don't like the fact that the battery is not user replaceable, and that it is only covered by warranty for a year. If they ever come out with a unit that has a user replaceable battery...I will look again.

It really boils down to what you want. I have been using a VR3 for a lot of years, and never had an issue with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom