Cheapest Flight Ticket for Scuba Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
OK.... I am totally exhausted and want to get out of this land locked state ASAP....

Where is the place to get the cheapest flight ticket for Scuba trip?

Is there any last minute deal to check for a weekend get away diver?

For example, if I don't have any destination in mind (but should be scuba friendly place), just want to get out from tomorrow, Friday and get back anytime Monday, where can I get the last minute deal right before departure date?

Thanks in advance,

For me it's Southwest to Lauderdale on their "Wanna-Get-Away" flights. Depends on how much lead time you want and the nearest airport that they fly into.

There are lots of places you can check, including the airline web sites. I was in your precise state of mind only a few weeks ago. A planned activity fell through, and I found myself facing a free week by myself while my wife was out of town. I went to several airline sites and other places to see what they had for some of the dive destinations I thought were likely to be the least expensive. I ended up choosing a flight and hotel package from Orbitz that led to a wonderful week in Cozumel.

Beats me. There are no cheap flights out of the state where I leave. I imagine the cheapest flight is to Seattle. Let's see how much that is, last minute. I'll check for Friday departure, coming back Sunday evening....

OK- this is the cheapest on on Travelocity:

Continental Airlines
Flight 234
5:03pmAnchorage, AK (ANC)
9:15pm Seattle/Tacoma, WA (SEA)
3hrs 12min - Nonstop
Total $843

Not exactly cheap, eh?

Now, over on lastminutetravel.com, we find...nothing...the search just hangs up.

Besides - we have a volcano going off anyway. Flights are being canceled - not a good weekend to fly.

This may help you: Last Minute Airfare - Airlines with Last Minute Airfare Deals

For me it's Southwest to Lauderdale on their "Wanna-Get-Away" flights. Depends on how much lead time you want and the nearest airport that they fly into.
We just booked Southwest flights from Long Island to Fort Lauderdale in late May. Less than $150 round trip per person.

if your looking to get our of the country check out madurodive.com and then click on sizziling specials on the left hand side or last minute deals on the top.

Thanks for all inputs... However you guys seem to misunderstand last minute getaway deal....

I subscribed major airline deal and knew pretty much about many major INTERNET search sites, such as sidestep, Kayak, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Last Minute Deal, etc. However, like Nudediver pointed out, their deals aren't last minute deal at all. To ensure the best deal, you need to book at least two weeks in advance and one week advance for a direct airline company deal.

I can't find the site that offers a real last minute deal right before 12~24 hrs departure. There used to be some sites that are offering an instant last min. deal that is very time sensitive.

Please don't mention about bidding at Priceline. Based on my experience, you have to spend most time at the airport for the weekend trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom