A bad diving day...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

damage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It's been a while since I been in Manzanillo, Col. (México) for diving (3 years) and apparently it was the worst time of year to dive.

Saturday viz was about 3ft in Juluapan, but the water was very warm 89ºf (32ºC) skipper said there was high tide, and 3 days ago viz was 30ft + :shakehead: (bad timming) Yatch Club beach, was ok viz 9feet a lot of life, including many schools of fishes. No conditions to do night dive

Sunday my 50th dive!!! the zipper of my wet suit flew away (I sense a disturbance in the force); viz in Yatch Club beach dropped to 6feet, still warm water and lots of animals; Next new place: La escondida , shallow diving to expect better viz but....5 feet tops, lots of currents kind of demanding dive, but a lot to see, rock fish, eels, stone fishes... I manage to get a couple of good pictures.

Not the best travel I've made, I had amazing dives in Manzanillo, but no today...

But some good things came out of this: First my dive #50 in the same place where I got certified.

Second: My friend's girlfriend become a diver

... and finally, a chance to relax, enjoy the beach, meet new people and see familiar faces that haven't seen in a while, be with good friends and charge the batteries to continue until the next time.

But Some wise man once said: a bad diving day is better than a good day at work:D

I couldn't agree more...

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 95
better luck next time

Man where we dive most, 6' is pretty good viz and 3' average :)

Sounds like us Texas Swamp Divers would have been right at home.... ;P

Yeah, diving low viz really puts thing in perspective. Diving in chocolate milk makes 5'+ seem amazing.

What Zosimus said...
But heck, we had the OP's vis at Clear Springs (Terrell, Texas) Sunday, and I only had to travel a couple of hours to get that. When I have to FLY or travel more extensively hopefully it's to find BETTER vis than what I can find near home.

Still, what the OP said is true..."a bad day diving is better than etc..."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom