Poseidon Techlift Gravity Zero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Save your money and buy a Backplate and Harness/wing It will be the last BC you'll ever buy. You may have to change the wing if you ever dive doubles or carry stages, but it will serve you well for life. :) ZG

I am looking at the Poseidon Tech Lift as well. Given Poseidon's history and my experience with their regulators, quality should be very high.

As far as other options, there are alot of them. I have used the Zeagle Tech (sold it to a friend) and got an OMS plate and wings which mutated over time into a Halcyon.

I am heading to a dive shop today to look at the Poseidon one.

Thank, would appreciate your comments!

to the b/p & wings suggestion, what makes are worth focussing on or are they pretty generic? What is the downside to these (if any)?

If you want to spend $$$$ then just buy a Halcyon/OMS etc. Good plates but pricey. I think the Halcyon is 142.00 w/o harness, 188.00 with standard DIR harness. If you want a great plate at a very reasonable price then email Fred T. His price for a BP/Harness is alot less than Halcyon or OMS and you have much greater choices for size, weight, material etc. No real downside to the harness and plate system . Can be used with singles or doubles, helps take weight off your waist and puts it where it can actually help your trim rather than upset it, is infinitely adjustable, streamlined etc. If you get a properly set up BP/harness/wing combo you may never go back to a trad BC. :) ZG

Took a look at the Poseidon. Looks good, alot features just like others on the market.

I have been diving a BP / WG set since 1990 so I guess I will just build another rig.

A word to the wise on BP/WG. Make sure if you get a stainless backplate that you use stainless throughout.

I bought a Halcyon singe tank adapter that was anodized aluminum. The single tank adapter reacted with the backplate and became a pile of corrosion. The crud was everywhere.

As far as what BP/WG to get, I found it is better to buy the parts you need rather then get pre-assembled. Get a stripped BP and about 12 feet of webbing with a stainless grommet. Decide what you want to hook on and get the rings you need to accomplish that. There are different styles of rings and you can pick and choose the ones you need. For example, I have 2 welded 90 degree rings on my mine that use for deco bottles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom