Does your partner dive?

Does your partner (spouse, girl/boy friend dive)?

• Yes

Votes: 132 58.9%
  • No

Votes: 92 41.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife of 30 years does not dive.
She is fine with my taking a week long dive trip each year.

I will occasionally do a second dive but that will depend on more factors that I care to go into in a post!

We got married 30 years ago in the Bahamas underwater (still don't if the marriage is exactly legal...two kids later)

We got married 30 years ago in the Bahamas underwater (still don't if the marriage is exactly legal...two kids later)

We got married a boat skipper in '87. Not sure about the legality either.

Both got a certified in '90. Best decision we ever made. Gave us a common passion for life.

We're both instructors now and help each other out in classes.

Mike

I got married on July 4, 1985 (U.S Indepence Day)....I have two boys (21 and 18) who are both in college and who recently were both AOW and Nitrox Ceritified. I was certified a little over two years ago and live in Chicago, IL....I have no fresh water dives, only 67 salt water dives. I am also AOW and Nitrox.....

For my 25th wedding anniversary, I am taking my wife to Austria for 18 days. (July 1 through July 18)....4 days and 3 nights I will leave my wife for a live aboard in the Great Barrier Reef..........So, no wife does not dive...but supports me...:love2:

Last edited:
My wife and I both share a love of the water, but hers ends at the surface. She's supportive of my addiction though as long as I don't try to sneak too many purchases past her (which reminds me that I need to keep my eye out for a package...:D).

Been with the same lovely lady for over 15 years and she's never expressed an interest in diving. It's just not something she has any interest in doing. We have a good time snorkeling but dive trips are always planned without her cause she doesn't want to go on a trip and hang out by herself while I am off diving. We each have our own interests that don't include the other and for that I am greatful.

There was an interesting post some time ago about partners who dive. I believe that the gist of it was:

1. If the partner/spouse/whatever is truly dedicated to diving, then they are referred to as a diver;
2. If, on the other hand, the partner/spouse/whatever there primarily because of the other person who dives, they are referred to as a partner/spouse/whatever.

My wife does not dive. She also does not surf (my other passion). I firmly believe the time apart, doing things separately, is a big part of what has kept us together for 30 years this coming July. :)

Back
Top Bottom