Does your partner dive?

Does your partner (spouse, girl/boy friend dive)?

• Yes

Votes: 132 58.9%
  • No

Votes: 92 41.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My better half got certified about three years ago, and it was the best thing that ever happened. Now, for the length of the dive, I have peace and quiet.

Had to (literally) pull her under, and now she loves it...

We have been married for 26 years. She loves the water, boats and loves to snorkel, but does not want to dive. She usually comes on dive weekends and runs the the clipboard for OW's or does the tourist thing. When we go down south, I dive in the morning and will do the tourist thing or snorkel with her in the afternoon. We will usually do a snorkel tour off a boat.

My fiance and I met through the volunteer dive program at the aquarium back home. He's a superb diver with much more training and experience than me, and my own diving has benefitted greatly as a result. I'm never happier than the moments we're together underwater.

My wife of 25 years has no interest in diving, but is 'mostly' supportive of my addiction...

We met right after I received my Divemaster certification, and she did not dive at the time. I had the pleasure of assisting in her initial OW certification, and it just keeps getting better. She's now AOW, and all our vacations (as well as our wedding and five-year anniversaries) are planned around diving.

:D

Learned together almost 4 years ago and now every trip revolves around diving. I dare say she is more gungho about diving than I am but only by a tad.

He has that old saying.. "I have a deal with the sharks.. they stay out of the land and I stay out of the ocean."

We got certified together Nov. 2005 and we've come to the civil agreement that she is was warm water diver...that is the 170+ dive difference! She is there for moral support, and ridicule, for the annual New Years day dive!

4 years ago my wife of 24 years apparently got tired of me talking about diving, although I (honestly) never tried to talk her into getting certified. She now has about 60 dives and we do 2 or 3 week long trips annually. Going to Cozumel in April. Having her diving has been a real plus for my diving. So long as she stay off the golf course.:D

Back
Top Bottom