Does your partner dive?

Does your partner (spouse, girl/boy friend dive)?

• Yes

Votes: 132 58.9%
  • No

Votes: 92 41.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I were married on the 4th of July 1992 and both certified OW/AOW May of 2007. It all began as a vacation activity but after vacation I phoned my instructor from the plane as me were waiting to pass through customs back in the US and asked if he was diving the next week end. The rest is history and my wife likes to pleasure dive about 20 -30 times a year and I average about 125+ a year. We have been to River Maya, Coz., the cenotes, and Lake Huron wreck diving. We both dive wet and dry and use BPW bc's. She is not as interested in the deeper cold water stuff that I like but we still have a blast. It has been a great activity for the whole family my daughter 12 was JOW certified last year and my 11 year old son will be training this summer.
When we are all certified we are going on a diving vacation I cannot wait!
Safe diving to all and good luck for those with non-diving sig. others you never kinow when they will express an interest.
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

My wife and I do about 100 dives a year together.

It took 17 years but my wife started diving when our kids got certified six years ago. Our vacations then revolved around diving.

Yup. Dive together, rock climb together, camp together, etc. etc. Having similar hobbies is a great thing. I'm a firefighter that works a rotating 24/48 shift so we have our time apart when I'm at work.

We both dive, including cave diving. It's kind of funny, though; we don't dive that much together, except when we travel.

For me it's more like she will when I meet her. In almost 50 years of diving, I've never dated a woman who dives. Of course I'd like to.

My ex-wife finally tried diving after watching me go on one-too-many vacations without her, and she really enjoyed it. (But it didn't change the fact that I took two months of vacation a year and she took two weeks.) My current girlfriend does not dive but does enjoy snorkeling and lying in a hammock with a good book. I have not yet abandoned gently prodding her to dive.

My wife got certified when she was around 17, but always preferred just beach combing and snorkling. She probably wore a tank 4-5 times after initial certification and just drifted away from it. She got recertified 7-8 years later when we began dating. She dove with me a few times, said she had a nice time, but really does not enjoy the encumbered feeling of a wetsuit, BC, weight, reg in her mouth, dive boat ladders, and some other things that thrill me.
She is very supportive of my diving habit though.
Golf, Deer Hunting, Scuba, whatever. She thinks that guys should be allowed to do what they want to as long as nobody gets hurt in the process.
We just had our 20th anniversary, so it seems to be working for us.

I dive with two David's, 1 Dave, 1 Davie, and one guy who pronounces his name as "Day-Veed".
Chug
Dives with five guys named "David", sometimes at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom