my tank hits my head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm guessing your head is really hitting your first stage.

If that is the case, mount your BC on the tank as high as you can.

lower the tank.

Get a smaller head?

Lower the tank is the easier solution.

hit it back! Don't take that kind of abuse! These pesky tanks have to be kept in line, show it who's boss!

Alright.... seriously...

yes, some advice, lower your cylinder some... :)

GLENNsim once bubbled...
when i am underwhater. my octupus hits my head, any advice

Why do you think we call them the Scuba Ducks??? :tease:

On the problem... It's not a safety issue (more of a comfort thing) so you might want to learn how to deal with this. First, the tank position determines your body's attitude in the water. Your normal attitude should be mostly horizontal with the face just a tad bit lower than the legs. The best way to accomplish this is by sliding the tank back and forth till you get it right. If afterwards your trim is spot on and it interferes with your head, than you should 1) learn to live with it, or 2) dive with trim that is a bit off. I would prefer the former, but I have no issues with my head and my first stage, so I am happy and lucky in that respect. As I said... its only a comfort thing!

Have you tried reporting this violent octopus to the society for cruelty to humans by marine animals?

:D

:)

I have a short neck and to insure my first stage doesn't clunk against my head, I make sure that the very top of my BCD is at the same height as the top of the first stage before closing my tank band.

:mean:

If your profile pic is any indication... you look waaayyyyy too comfortable in the water. I am not sure ANYTHING would phase you... and thats a good thing. I would dive with you anywhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom