Seven foot hose for single cylinder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OHIO DIVERS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am thinking about adding a seven foot hose to my single setup for sport limts. Anyone out there use this type of setup? What would be the pros and cons?

I just started doing so this summer, as part of the training I was doing for Fundies. The reason for the long hose, donation to another, is just as much a safety factor with the single tank, as with doubles.

You donate your working primary, which has a long enough hose to allow both divers room to resolve any issues, or navigate, and you switch to your alternate.

My own opinion, of course, as I am no tech diver, and have minimal experience, but I like the long hose, as it is just as easy to use as any other, and sure makes sense when you think the reasons for it through.

I've never used anything else, and it works fine. Long hose with bungeed secondary for single tank, double tank, and now, sidemount. You won't be doing single-file air shares in a single tank rig but why mess around with a scheme that works.

I am thinking about adding a seven foot hose to my single setup for sport limts. Anyone out there use this type of setup? What would be the pros and cons?

Works fine for me. No excess.

Also, I might have to air share single file, as I dive in kelp, not to mention virtual overheads due to boat traffic.

I started using that setup after taking cavern this past summer and agree that it is a well thought out and better configuration for me, at least. Worked great for Little Cayman and drift diving in Cozumel. No cons but explaining the donation to an insta-buddy, if needed.

A 7' hose is for single file air sharing in a restriction. A 7' hose has to be bungied, a 5' hose does not and it functions perfectly in open water air sharing.

A 7' hose is for single file air sharing in a restriction. A 7' hose has to be bungied,

A 7' ft hose has to bungeed to what exactly?

I never bungeed my primary to anything ever.

Bolt snap on the primary? Yes of course.

Bungee necklace on the BU reg? Yes of course.

Primary bungeed? Nope.

Tobin

I have been asked many times recently about the long hose, as I dive mostly with other rec divers. Usually the conversation starts out with somewhat blank stares, but when you get to the idea of trying to resolve issues that may arise, or needing to share air in any close space while navigating, the light in the eyes goes on. At that point it goes from "Koolade" to "Oh, that makes sense."

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom