Tdi advanced nitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craig chamberlain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi i am thinking about going into tech diving and i will start with the tdi adv nitrox course. i would like to know how many tanks you dive with, if you need different scuba gear and what mixes are put into each tank. also i would like to know what you have to do under th water. Also i am wondering what the course allows you to do (apart from be able to use 21-100% o2). i am wondering what the benefits of the course are.

Cheers

Adv Nitrox is normally paired with Deco Procedures where the real benefits of higher O2 mixes show themselves. I highly recommend taking them together

As for equipment, doubles on the back and an 02 stage bottle are norms

thats great cheers very much. i would take them both together but i cant as i am 16. tar :)

hi i am thinking about going into tech diving and i will start with the tdi adv nitrox course. i would like to know how many tanks you dive with, if you need different scuba gear and what mixes are put into each tank. also i would like to know what you have to do under th water. Also i am wondering what the course allows you to do (apart from be able to use 21-100% o2). i am wondering what the benefits of the course are.

Cheers

Tech diving is a bit different in the UK than it is here (in the US). From your questions, I suggest that you find a local tech diver who is willing to get you sorted out.

Take the advanced nitrox course. A couple of your questions will be answered and you will have the benefit of off-gassing on richer mixes even if you stay (sorta kinda) recreational.

Best,
lowviz

BTW:
............//.........(apart from be able to use 21-100% o2)...............

Basic nitrox gets you up to 40%. Advanced gets you the rest of the way (to 100%).

thankyou. i will be doing my diving in egypt not the uk. also can any1 tell me if after being qualified in adv nitrox would it be benifitial to dive shallow with a mix >40.

thankyou. i will be doing my diving in egypt not the uk. also can any1 tell me if after being qualified in adv nitrox would it be benifitial to dive shallow with a mix >40.

Shallow for the US or shallow for the UK?:wink: (you guys tend to be more aggressive)

-Probably not.

Are you recreational nitrox now? There is very little benefit to diving >40% recreationally IMO. To stay within reasonable CNS and pulmonary limiits on >40% on a multiday trip to eygpt you will be so shallow you won't have any real deco issues diving air, EAN32 or 36 anyway. Absent deco proceedures there is very little reason (or need) to take the course.

ok, i am alreay a padi enriched air diver. i undestand that the minimum age for this course is 15. i do want to get into tech diving.
Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom