Instructor Experience

How many dives and how many agencies do you teach for?

• 100 logged dives +

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • 250 logged dives +

• 350 logged dives +

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • 600 logged dives +

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 1000 logged dives +

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • 1 Agency

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • 2 Agencies

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • 3 Agencies

• 4 Agencies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 or more Agencies

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CincyBengalsFan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
For the instructors on this board. How much diving experience do you have, different enviroments, logged dives etc. How many agencies are you an instructor for?

Logged 1000 dives over the last 18 months or so on top of a few years of diving at a less frenetic pace.

I only usually teach one agency, but I am also a Universal Referral instructor through another agency. Does that really count as a second agency?

Teaching for more than one agency seems like it would be confusing, as far as various standards are required.

Some do the EBA, others dont.

Some do mask removal & clearing, others dont.

Some do a tour for the first open water dive, others specifically do not, on the first open water dive.

Some are structured, others are flexible.

Karl_in_Calif once bubbled...
Teaching for more than one agency seems like it would be confusing, as far as various standards are required.

Some do the EBA, others dont.

Some do mask removal & clearing, others dont.

Some do a tour for the first open water dive, others specifically do not, on the first open water dive.

Some are structured, others are flexible.

What agencies don't do the above mentioned...like Mask removal and clearing?

Drew Sali...That's a whole lot of diving going on....Congratulations man....

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...

What agencies don't do the above mentioned...like Mask removal and clearing?

Ask around.

I am sure you would prefer hearing it from them directly rather than from me.

Well, I'm an instructor with 5 agencies plus I'm familar with several others. Let's see who does the mask removal..

YMCA, CMAS, PADI, NAUI, SSI (NASDS), NASE, MDEA, PDIC, U.S. Navy

All these folks require a mask removal and replacement skill..

I'm really curious. Send me a PM with the agency or agencies that don't do that skill please. Thanks

Just to chime in here...I have never heard of any certification organization that does not teach mask removal and replacement.

I also believe that all agencies are structured. After all, what are slates and labelling dives as OW dive 1-4 or 5 for? Seems like structuring to me.

Oh hell, it's Karl....Hopefully this isn't enough food for a troll to continue it's existence.

BTW, SDI also does mask removal and replacement. Which agency are you referring to here, Karl?

There's some new internet based agency that doesn't require mask removal, I think they only require the gear exchange and neutral buoyancy proficiency to certify.

Drew Sailbum once bubbled...
Logged 1000 dives over the last 18 months or so on top of a few years of diving at a less frenetic pace.

I'm sorry, but we have to redefine "diving" for Drew. :)
Why, when I was a kid.........up and down the anchor line barefoot. In the snow! Drew has to wait a week before flying. Dang!
Neil

Karl_in_Calif once bubbled...

For some it would be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom