Computer I can read

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billmosel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for a computer that my aging eyes can read easily. Nothing to extravagant. I was looking at the Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1. Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks,
Bill

I'm 69 and have been using the pro plus 2 and previous models for 20 years. Great computers great tech support at oceanic. They even speak English. Go for it...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I love my Dive Rite Nitek Q. The screen is extremely easy to read. Now that Dive Rite has the software complete on the new ones, I can recommend them again. Just do not buy a old one if you care about having full function. Make sure the charging plug is red not black. This is the easy way to tell the difference. If you don't care about a downloadable log book, then you can probably find a cheaper used one.

I'm looking for a computer that my aging eyes can read easily. Nothing to extravagant. I was looking at the Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1. Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks,
Bill

If you can afford one with an OLED screen, they're awesome.

Personally I can't read without glasses. Another option you have, as opposed to buying a new computer, is to buy a mask with prescription lenses built in.

R..

Go OLED. It's amazing what a difference it makes in readability.

Shearwater Predator or Petrel. Normally need bi focals in my mask to read computer, bottom timer, etc.. I can see my predator easily with the back up mask that just has plain lenses. And it is the easiest one I've ever seen to learn to use, set up, and customize. Having a class on line from DiveNav just puts the icing on the cake.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I had the same problem, I have a Cobra 3, while reading the large letters weren't a problem reading the most important was (tank Pressure) I opted for The Look 2 mask which you can get prescription lenses for. Now I can read my camera settings and anything else I may need to read under water.

I'm using a Predator ($1200) with Petrel ($950) backup, but I think the best investment is a mask with reader lenses ($70) which I also use/need.

The Oceanic PP 2 is easy to read with the huge numbers. I got it because my girlfriend/dive buddy has bad eyes (I always tease her to use her bat powers) and I wanted something she could easily read and understand. As a bonus the numbers are so big I can glance over at her and read her air/bottom time remaining without having to ask her how much air she has left. I've seen these picked up in great condition with quick connect and compass for $250-350 regularly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom