Cleaning inside the housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kombiguy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi! I have a housing for a Nikon D90. There is an area on the back of the housing that is outlined in foam. This area is where the LCD display shows through the back of the housing. Inside that area are some smudges, maybe fingerprints, something like that. A friend suggested lens cleaner wipes, but I read somewhere that alcohol can damage lexan. What should I use to clean the inside of the back to the housing?
Thanks!

kombiguy,

A micro-fiber lens cloth usually does a nice job, but make sure the cloth is not saturated with a cleaning solution like alcohol.

Ikelite offers a lens cleaning cloth included with the NOVUS plastic polish cleaning set ($20). Call Ikelite Customer Service direct at 317-923-4523 with a Visa/MC to order.

IKELITE Travel Accessories

Set of 2oz (59.2ml) bottles
#6201.32 ........ $20
Set includes:
• #1 Plastic Clean & Shine (2oz)• #2 Fine Scratch Remover (2oz)• #3 Heavy Scratch Remover (2oz)• Lens Cleaning Cloth

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom