routing 7' hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redneck23ms

Contributor
Reaction score
i recently purchased a set of hog regs and the primary came with a 7' hose .i can use some advice on the best way to route the 7' hose as i don't have a tank handy to try it out on. pics or vids would be extra helpful. thanks

Just one of many sites that deal with this subject, Equipment Configuration | Global Underwater Explorers

Generally it is routed down and under your can light. If you do not have a can light you can tuck it in your waist band. I find this does not work quit as well for me as it tends to slip out. About halfway though our last dive trip I flooded my can light so it got left off from then on out. So I spent 10 dives without my light.

If you don't have a light you can also tuck it under a hip/waist mounted knife, shears, or something.

When I'm not diving with my can light, I tuck it under my reel, which I keep clipped to my right hip D-ring. You can also get one of these for $15 from DSS, or make one of your own....

A lot depends on whether you are using a standard BCD, or a backplate and harness. You have gotten a lot of answers on how to route the 7' hose with a harness. If you are using a standard BCD with big integrated weight pockets and no straps at the waist to speak of, what you will have to do is route the hose under your arm, up across your chest to the left side of your neck, behind your check and around into your mouth from the right. This will leave you with a great deal of slack hose in front of you. Double this up into a loop and stuff it through your waist belt or cummerbund wherever you can. Keep the waist belt tight, or the hose will constantly be escaping.

A lot depends on whether you are using a standard BCD, or a backplate and harness. You have gotten a lot of answers on how to route the 7' hose with a harness....

Oh yeah, if you don't have a BP/W, you should buy one of those too.

a picture is worth a thousand words. I too have the Hog setup. no that picture is not me. I tuck the hose under my trilobite cutter on my harness belt.
dir2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom