Stopping clip from sliding up and down reg hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rusty Roo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone,

I have an issue, i bought a clip to hold a hose in place and the issue is, is that the clip holds the hose but not securely enough to prevent the clip from sliding up and down the hose. do you have any genius way of preventing this? at the moment i have attempted to widen the hose by wrapping some camping string around the hose which does work but for how long, i'm not so sure.

zip ties make decent stoppers, but I support alewar's suggestion above....

Reactions: Doc
I have a variety of things with those hose clips in my "bag of little dive junk I'll never use again and really should throw away." Maybe just find a way to do whatever you're trying to do that doesn't involve one?

Which hose and why would be my question.

I don't use any. The BC inflater hose is held by a velcro strap to the corrugated BC hose and my shoulder strap, the primary 2nd is under my right arm and to my mouth, secondary 2nd is on a necklace (or in a keeper on the lower right D-ring, if not using a necklace), and SPG is under my left arm and attached, by boltsnap, to the upper left D-ring.

I use boltsnaps on my secondaries mainly to keep them off the deck when not in use. While doing a long check of my necklace reg, I snap off the primary and it can be used, by me, while snapped in place.

Although all this may vary between reg sets, and other gear necessary for the dive, I haven't had a use for an off the shelf plastic hose clip.

Bob
------------------------
The job of a salesman is to sell. Notice that it, by definition, requires no need of the product by the consumer.

Reactions: Doc
Is this for your octo? You could try putting a ziptie around the hose where it will stop the clip from sliding.

Braided line, like DiveGearExpress sells for cave line does work better than twisted line. As has already been mentioned a zip tie is a good alternative. Some people have frowned on zip ties but personally I have had minimal (read not zero) problems.

Please clarify ... are you talking about one of these?

... and is this to hold your octopus in place?

If that's the case, then I would say use the zip tie on the hose and clip between it and the reg. Bolt snap and cave line are all well and good for certain configurations ... but you don't want to use that approach for an octopus, since it needs to come free with a tug.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

A zip tie will be ok, but it must be oriented so that the latch part does not slip through the opening in the clip. Actually, a rubber band on the hose is simple and effective.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom