Needings some asistants. Looking at purchasing a dive computer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zyxomma

Registered
Reaction score
I am a new diving. Have done 7 dives and I love it. I am in the process of purchasing my gear. I have plans on learning how to dive using nitrox. Most of my dive will be done off the Cost of British Columbia, Canada. There will be dive done around the world, but most of the ones outside of BC will be down in the Caribbean. I am looking at staying a recreational diver doing dives up to 130 feet deep along with diving at different altitudes.

Well I think that cover a good profile as to what types of dive I will be doing.

On to my question. I have been looking at dive computer and I want a hoseless wrist mount which I know narrows my selection down a fair amount. I have been considering purchasing the Aeris Atmos Elite Hoseless Wrist Computer. I was wondering what people thoughts were on this computer. Do you think it will do everything I need/want it to do for the diving I am looking at doing. Is there any other computer that you can recommend that can do the same or better?

Thanks
Nick

zyxomma:
I am a new diving. Have done 7 dives and I love it. I am in the process of purchasing my gear. I have plans on learning how to dive using nitrox. Most of my dive will be done off the Cost of British Columbia, Canada. There will be dive done around the world, but most of the ones outside of BC will be down in the Caribbean. I am looking at staying a recreational diver doing dives up to 130 feet deep along with diving at different altitudes.

Well I think that cover a good profile as to what types of dive I will be doing.

On to my question. I have been looking at dive computer and I want a hoseless wrist mount which I know narrows my selection down a fair amount. I have been considering purchasing the Aeris Atmos Elite Hoseless Wrist Computer. I was wondering what people thoughts were on this computer. Do you think it will do everything I need/want it to do for the diving I am looking at doing. Is there any other computer that you can recommend that can do the same or better?

Thanks
Nick

I have one and I like it alot.

It is a good computer, easy to read and it has some good features. You can't go wrong with it.

The only problem I have ever had is when the computer loses contact with the transmitter. It happened a few times but only lasts for a few seconds. It doesn't affect the rest of the functions.

zyxomma:

Thanks
Nick
check out the new uwatec's

Kestrell:
I have one and I like it alot.

It is a good computer, easy to read and it has some good features. You can't go wrong with it.

The only problem I have ever had is when the computer loses contact with the transmitter. It happened a few times but only lasts for a few seconds. It doesn't affect the rest of the functions.

I have a question for you. I was wondering when you purchessed the Areis Elite did it come with any computer software or does that have to be purchess seperatly? And does it also include the device to transfer the information from the dive computer to you desktop computer?

zyxomma:
I have a question for you. I was wondering when you purchessed the Areis Elite did it come with any computer software or does that have to be purchess seperatly? And does it also include the device to transfer the information from the dive computer to you desktop computer?

I did not get the download software. It may have been an oversite on the dive shop though since my wife ordered and Atmos2 and hers cam with the software. Fortunately the download software for her computer is good for mine too.

No, the computer does not come with the USB cable.

Suunto - Mosquito/Stinger or the new Oceanic, very nice indeed.

Back
Top Bottom