Rodale's latest mask review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What does it matter? A mask has to fit. Rodales can't tell you if it fits or not.

The only good I can see to Rodales gear reviews is finding out who paid to advertise that month.

Boogie711:
What does it matter? A mask has to fit. Rodales can't tell you if it fits or not.

The only good I can see to Rodales gear reviews is finding out who paid to advertise that month.

The reviews can be useful if your LDS only carries a few masks for you to try out. Reviews can provide information on a mask you where unfamilar with, giving you more options than you may have been considering.

BTW, purchased the Mares X-Vision last night. Love the mask and coincidentaly Rodales scores it 2nd place. I might have waited to locate an Auqa Lung Mythos (1st place) to try if I had read the review first. My LDS didn't have a Mythos.

The way I read this, you can either be an informed customer and check out different masks for yourself, or you can be a sheep and try to buy what Rodales tells you is better? :)

Rodales does have a few good uses, I'll admit. For example, it's very pretty for lining the bird cage.

you have to decide what you want, try it on, and if it fits and works for your purposes, buy it. It's all in user preference here. I'll in full agreement with boogie711 here.

Example, I like a low volume, black skirted 2 window mask. Don't really care what anybody else recommends, cause if it doesn't match these criteria, I won't even look at it.

Boogie711:
The way I read this, you can either be an informed customer and check out different masks for yourself, or you can be a sheep and try to buy what Rodales tells you is better? :)

Rodales does have a few good uses, I'll admit. For example, it's very pretty for lining the bird cage.

Or be a sheep and by Spring Straps because you say so "Once you try these straps, you'll never go back to crappy rubber straps again!" :11ztongue See how easy it was to discount your opinion? Before you flame me, I own spring straps and I recommended your site to friends. I'm just trying to make a point.

You have a problem with Rodales & advertising...start a thread. If I see a good review in a magazine why wouldn't I look into a product further if I'm in the market? I will ultimately make the decision based on my due diligence. A review in any magazine is just one small piece of information that people might use to reseach a purchase.

I'm done

:eek:fftopic:

bcsean:
you have to decide what you want, try it on, and if it fits and works for your purposes, buy it. It's all in user preference here. I'll in full agreement with boogie711 here.

Example, I like a low volume, black skirted 2 window mask. Don't really care what anybody else recommends, cause if it doesn't match these criteria, I won't even look at it.
Well, the list is nice for a newbie so don't dis it. I get to see a lot of features listed in one place. Mind if I ask why you prefer a black skirt to a clear skirt? I've not seen anywhere a listing of pros and cons. I like the idea that the black mask will not yellow.....what else?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom