Has anyone bought Suunto Vytec from Leisurepro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Narcd_dvr

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I wanna know if you've experience problems with your dive computer or your experience in dealing with Leisurepro in general. I'm thinking of buying a Vytec from them to save some $$$...

Thanks

We had a customer at the shop flood his. Was not bought through us but I suspect it was from LeisurePro. He can't produce the receipts or warranty card, or remember where he bought it from. Find out what their flood policy is, and how you can batteries changed, and how that effects your warranty.

Had the computer been purchased through us, and serviced by us, it would have been warranted. The way it stands now, there is nothing we can do for him.

Before someone flames me. I am not flaming them, I am just stating a case and how it would have been handled by the LDS. I am interested to see how this same situation would have been handled or has been handled by LeisurePro.

kevink:
We had a customer at the shop flood his. Was not bought through us but I suspect it was from LeisurePro. He can't produce the receipts or warranty card, or remember where he bought it from. Find out what their flood policy is, and how you can batteries changed, and how that effects your warranty.

Had the computer been purchased through us, and serviced by us, it would have been warranted. The way it stands now, there is nothing we can do for him.

Before someone flames me. I am not flaming them, I am just stating a case and how it would have been handled by the LDS. I am interested to see how this same situation would have been handled or has been handled by LeisurePro.

A guy can't produce a warranty card, and flooded his computer, so you automatically assume it was bought (and possibly serviced...?) at LP? Did you ask the consumer if they had opened it themselves?

I'm also not flaming you, but think there are facts not yet listed here that are relevant...Out of curiousity, were you able to help that customer resolve his situation? Call Suunto? If you did, perhaps he'll be back with cash someday!

I have a Suunto Vytec that I bought from a dive instructor...If I flood it, I can't produce a warranty card, and can't certainly recall the dude's name, but I also didn't buy it from LP.

I bought my first of two Suunto's (a Vyper) from LP and had GREAT service. I've had the battery changed once, and the comp. comtinues to run perfectly two years after purchase. Nope, no flood...I've heard many great things about folks buying from LP...Sure, you don't get the local service, but the local guy can't usually get anywhere near the price...

Ya choose yer criteria, and live with them....

I say give the LDS a shot at it...but investigate all aspects of the sale...including price.

subzero:
I wanna know if you've experience problems with your dive computer or your experience in dealing with Leisurepro in general. I'm thinking of buying a Vytec from them to save some $$$...

Thanks

Hey Sub,

I frequently travel to Houston on business...Is there any reason to take my dive gear along on a trip?

subzero:

Thanks

Greetings,

I had purchased a Vyper from LiesurePro about a year and half ago. It was at a very appealing price and continues to work without any wrinkles. I do have the sales receipt along with a warranty card from LiesurePro. At this time I do not have any negative comments or warnings for you.

Kevink,

I think you are a typical model of LDS owner. Actually, I also have the similar expereinces. I needed to have the warranty service for my SP fin straip. My LDS denied the replacement by excusing they could't sure if this fin came from the authorized dealer or not. Even though I brought the receipt, they weren't helpful. I have talked with SP customer service before contacing my LDS. SP said I could get the warranty service any authorized dealer in the world. Sorry, I am not sure if I want to get anything from them in future.

kevink:

hoosier:
Kevink,

I think you are a typical model of LDS owner. Actually, I also have the similar expereinces. I needed to have the warranty service for my SP fin straip. My LDS denied the replacement by excusing they could't sure if this fin came from the authorized dealer or not. Even though I brought the receipt, they weren't helpful. I have talked with SP customer service before contacing my LDS. SP said I could get the warranty service any authorized dealer in the world. Sorry, I am not sure if I want to get anything from them in future.

I don't own the shop, just work there. I also own two Vypers so this thread was near and dear to my heart. I also was at Beneath the Sea over the weekend and spoke with the Suunto/Aqualung rep.

It came down to - - bought from an authorized dealer & serviced by an authorized dealer = Factory Warranty. Anything else = Skydiving without a parachute. This isn't the LDS's discretion, this is the MFG.

In your case your LDS should have covered a Fin Stap out of their own pocket, whether or not SP wanted to warrant it, that is good customer service, eating a $700 computer is quite another story.

scubasean:
Hey Sub,

I frequently travel to Houston on business...Is there any reason to take my dive gear along on a trip?

Only if you plan on diving the Flower Gardens bank, which is 110 miles from the coast. Here's link of several dive shops in Texas, http://www.gulf-diving.com/shops.html
Being a former Bay Area resident, I would just stick with Monterey :)

Zero:
Greetings,

I had purchased a Vyper from LiesurePro about a year and half ago. It was at a very appealing price and continues to work without any wrinkles. I do have the sales receipt along with a warranty card from LiesurePro. At this time I do not have any negative comments or warnings for you.

Zero,
Thanks, for your comments. I'll probably buy the Vytec in a few weeks from LP.

i've got a vytec and my grilfrind got a vyper from them. no complants. i've always spoke with someone at LP that was friendly. wish i could say that about the lds. i bought about $2000 worth the dive geat from one shop, the owner was nice but knew nothing about running the sunnto's computer program. another shop out here has a
*****ty attude when people come in to buy something that you feel like you are an inconvance. now i only buy from LP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom