Anyone using a Hollis wing on either a HOG or Dive Rite backplate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

triggerman365

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking to buy a either a HOG or Dive Rite backplate to use with my Hollis 25 wing. I am trying to make sure the cam band slots will line up with the wing. Anyone tried this combo? Thanks

A Hog will not fit it and neither will a Storm. An Abyss plate will. I do not have a Dive Rite plate to check. You might want to give DGX a call.

Thanks, try'n to save some money and the HOG plate is $20 cheaper than the Hollis. I email DGX and asked about the DR plate, it is a no go as well.

If your not too concerned about the weight you could always buy the Oxycheq travel STA, I think they are about $30 and weight 6 oz. I know in total it is more expensive than the Hollis but if you are making a travel rig it will help for disassembly. Another choice is the OMS STA that Leisurepro sells, it is more expensive at $56.00 but comes with the cam straps which makes the price better.

Can you confirm the Storm BP definitely won't fit a Hollis wing? I have an S25 on an OMS plate and the slots line up (8" top to top). I need a new plate and someone selling the Storms says the strap slots are the same but I can't confirm in person.

Can you confirm the Storm BP definitely won't fit a Hollis wing? I have an S25 on an OMS plate and the slots line up (8" top to top). I need a new plate and someone selling the Storms says the strap slots are the same but I can't confirm in person.

I will double-check it for you when I get home.

Reactions: fbk

So the S25 does fit on the OMS backplate? If so, that is great, LP sells OMS backplates for $65.

I will double-check it for you when I get home.

Amazon has the Storm back plate for $65 too and the shipping is less expensive, so let me know if it would work. Thanks, AMS.

Yes S25 fits on OMS plate perfectly. Interested to find out myself as you can get the Storm plate complete with harness for that price.

Amazon has the Storm back plate for $65 too and the shipping is less expensive, so let me know if it would work.

If you purchase over the weekend they usually give 10% off. I purchased mine for around $60 with free shipping (I am a Amazon Prime member).

---------- Post added June 14th, 2013 at 02:42 AM ----------

The Hollis S25 has slots 8" top to top. The Storm and the HOG is 7" top to top. You can make it fit but I think you would put too much stress on the wing. The problem with the Hollis wing is the slots are only as wide as a camband so there is not a lot of play like some other wings have. If Hollis made the slots a half inch bigger either plate would fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: fbk
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom