Dive computer recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rileymartin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new dive computer and was having trouble trying to decide which way to go. I was hoping to get some feedback on the computers people had that they either liked or didn't like. I recently got nitrox certified so I need one that supports nitrox. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Riley

Suunto Vytec DS, Nitek Duo, Nitek Trio, Shearwater Pursuit, Delta P VR3 or or VRx, Liquivision X1, etc etc etc

whats your price range? future diving plans (IE adv nitrox, trimix, ccr, etc)?

I have a Oceanic VEO180 withch is nitrox It is realy reasonably price . I purchaced it through Diver Supply for 199.00 The have a wed sight Divers Supply - Discount Scuba Gear - Serious About Your Fun, and Your Savings!.
they will match any ones price
mine is simple to operate has a big face (watch compter)I like it becase I do not have the best eyes . I ware glasses

NorthWoodsDiver is right, what are your future plans and what type of diving will you be doing..........

For a simple easy-to-use conservative computer my vote is for the Suunto Gekko.......

At LP for $250........last time I checked.......

Hope this helps..........M

If you're considering an air-integrated console (without the problems and expense of wireless), take a look at the Sherwood Wisdom 2, which fits the bill nicely.

Big screen, easy intuitive interface, nitrox, user-replaceable battery, accurate safe dive time remaining display based on current gas consumption & depth and preset reserve, always considering whatever the limiting factor is (remaining gas volume, deco limits, O2sat/ppO2 limits, etc.).

If you're looking for an AI mulit-gas computer I can recommend the Aeris Elite T3. I've been diving mine for about a year and a half. I've never regetted my decision to go hoseless, and if I decide to get into more advanced diving I can always add a hose/console AI to the mix without feeling like Medusa.

Thanks all for the info.

I would definately like to get involved in tec diving in the future. Depending on the price difference it may or may not make sense to get a computer capable of being used with tec diving now. I probably won't get involved in tec diving for at least a few years so if prices drop then I may be better off getting a lower priced computer now that will do everything I do now and later buy the more advanced computer.

I looked through the stats of some dive computers and it seems the air integrated models can give you a more accurate estimate of bottom time and NDL and others somehow take into account 'workload' by measuring breath rate and some actually by heart rate. Does anyone have any models that do this and does it really make a difference? Also, how reliable is the wireless functionality?

Thanks again for the help.

I've got a Suunto Vyper and love it. It does nitrox and is download capable.

I use an ATMOS AI air integrated with quick detach. The digits are large and east to read. Works with nitrox as well. The unit is on a quick detach so it can be removed from the hose and stowed seperately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom