Is Aldora Divers only for expert divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris66

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In preparing for a trip to cozumel this December I am looking at Aldora divers. In reviewing their website the information given is very impressive and certainly between the steel tanks, fast boats and limited groups it is clear that they are seem to be a quality outfit. My concern is are they too much quality. Are they best suited to expert divers and although there website states that they take all grades will the other divers be frustrated by me if I limt their depths. I have just started diving and am definately a novice.

Anybody have any experience with Aldora

Thanks

Chris

Chris, there are many dive ops available in Cozumel who have fast boats and limited groups. If you have any concerns email them directly and ask. Also, there are a lot of folks with a lot of experience with Cozumel so you are in the right place to ask as well. I have been diving with Blue XT Sea for a few years now and recommend them highly. I have usually been onboard with a mix of experience levels and never have been put into a situation where I am unprepared or overwhelmed. Welcome to Diving Chris and have a great time in Cozumel. Sue Sue

chris66,
welcome to this board.
i have dove with aldora.
they are able to accommodate a wide range of diver's skill.
i have also dove with blue xt sea.
they too can make all divers happy.

when reading about cozumel dive ops on this board, one seldom reads anything negative.
it seems that cozumel is blessed with a large amount of very good people.
i love going down there and hope to return soon.
regards,

Aldora tends to attract experienced divers because of what they offer. That being said, as long as you are honest with them about your abilities, your lack of experience won't be a problem.

I can't sing there praises enough. They have always seemed to match me with divers of equal expierience. First day dive will probally be one of the Palancar reaches so it will give them and you a chance to check each other out.Heres a quick report from two weeks ago.

I spent the week with Aldora divers. I had Luis for three days and dove with Memo on the eastside. We also did a night dive Wednesday. My three tanks on Wednesday added up to a combined four hours and fifteen minutes. Aldora provides steel 120’s which provide added air for this six three heavy breather. It is so much fun to not be hurried or pressured to make a quick dive. We take a 90-minute to two hour SI at Playa Mia. Coz Palace will provide a box lunch but I usually just had water and guacamole. Very relaxing. Lots of turtles, lots of giant crabs, one eagle ray and some large green morays. Very nice diving. Maracaibo and Francessa stick out as my favorite dives of the week. Every time is different but I really like a lot of stuff on the bottom, which those two dives provide. A norte had scuttled our Sunday dive, which is why we dove the east side. The water was a little choppy Tuesday and Wednesday but fine the rest of the time. Aldora keeps and cleans your gear for the week. Nice boats with twin four stroke 130’s, parkas and cold water. I really like their service.

Sue Sue:
I have usually been onboard with a mix of experience levels and never have been put into a situation where I am unprepared or overwhelmed.

Actually, I group divers by experience level as closely as possible...you are a much better diver than you think you are :) and others are not as "experienced and skilled" as they think they are :)

Christi:
Actually, I group divers by experience level as closely as possible...you are a much better diver than you think you are :) and others are not as "experienced and skilled" as they think they are :)

You know how to read me Christi :) . It just take be a bit of time to get my confidence level up. This is one of the reasons I appreaciate Blue XT Sea's staff. They are very patient, supportive and positive. Thanks, Sue

I am another lover of Aldora. Have been diving with them for 6 years and probably have probably 100 dives with them. Yes the do have all levels of experienced divers. If you want to, I would send Memo Mendoza an email from the website and discuss it with him. That will be high season and they should have enough beginner divers to fill a boat but it might be a good idea to discuss it with them. I am one of those people that refuses to fix something if its not broken. I know there are a number of wonderful operators on the island but we tend to be creatures of habit and stay with those that we know. Since we usually make two trips a year we have gotten to know almost all the DM and enjoy them all for different reasons.......Well, most of them anyway..............lol. Have a great time.

Been diving with Aldora for years. They tend to attract more experienced divers but they cater to all levels of experience. Just be up front and honest and you shouldn't have a problem.

Hi Chris66,

What Tim Ingersol said.

They definitely tend to attract more experienced divers, but you certainly don't have to be an "expert" to dive with them. I'd say if you are a confident, intermediate level diver you'll fit in well and be able to take advantage of what they have to offer.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom