Where to stay in Cancun for one night?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H-TownDiver

Registered
Reaction score
We're going to Cozumel at the end of May for a week, but have decided to spend the last night in Cancun so we won't have to worry about rushing around to catch our flight. Does anyone have a suggestion on where to stay in Cancun?

Thanks!

Sort of a hassle. The ferry makes frequent crossings, 40 minutes or so each, a cab for 2 divers to Cancun airport is $60, there are porters on each end of the ferry ride, and at Cancun you can use free carts - altho the porters will swarm you.

What time is your return flight...?

I always recommend Hotel Alux which is right near the bus station in Cancun.......it's very clean and cheap and has a website you can check out..........bus fare from Playa to Cancun (city not airport) is less than $4 pp........tons of my friends have stayed there and thought it was perfect for that last night to avoid the early ferry from CZM.........good luck-------Betsy

Radisson Hacienda is a newer hotel, walking distance (well, maybe 5-6 blocks) from the main bus station. It's easy to catch the metro bus from there to the Hotel Zone, or just walk downtown to the excellent restaurants and night spots on Yaxchilan just a five-minute walk away. I spent a week and a half there a couple years ago when we went down to Cancun to do our OW/AOW cert dives. If you're a city type, which I am, downtown Cancun beats the Hotel Zone hands down.

Best Day (a big travel agency in Cancun) has a desk in the Raddison (as they do with many other hotels), and they can arrange hotel-to-airport transfers for you. They're amazingly punctual, reliable, and professional. They'll pick you up at the agreed-on time in your reservation and get you off to the airport.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom