Custom Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Got my custom wetsuit from Wetwear. I thought Id post a review for all those who are in the market for a wetsuit.

I have always had problems properly fitting into stock sizes unless the material is super super stretchy. Even with that, the zipper for my Bare 2/3 mm Fusion broke from the upper back while zipping. Instead of shopping for another super stretch stock size I thought Id get a custom suit from Wetwear.

Ordering:

I thought it would be hard to measure because the website requires you to take over 20 measurements and shows you exactly how to do them. I was told by Connie that even if you make a mistake, there are so many cross measurements that it would show up. That is exactly what happened. I messed up on one of my measurements and Connie got back saying that I need to remeasure because I was off by 2 inches. When I did it again she was right. Cross measurements make is very hard for people to mess up on taking their own measurements.

Delivery:

I was told that the suit will take three weeks. It was delivered a lot sooner than that. I think it was ready within a week and took another three days to arrive.

Suit:

The fit is very nice (as you can see from the picture). This material is a better quality material than the 3/2 mm Bare I owned. It feels thicker, toastier and more robust. There really is no tightness, which I would always feel around the upper body with stock sizes. Instead it is an even fit with no air pockets. I purchased it with the leg and arm zippers that came highly recommended. They are supposed to let you go in and out quicker. Since the suit is already made out of stretch material I do not find them necessary. If you are buying a rigid rubatex suit then I would highly recommend them.

Overall ... I would highly recommend wetwear for wetsuit purchases. Connie is very knowledgeable and a custom suit is a custom suit. Here is a pic:

Downloadswetwear.jpg

Back
Top Bottom